Why isn't there an XZ Premium forum?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes they will ship to the US. They say two day shipping, but I'm not going to hold them to that. I don't care what the company, whenever they say 2 day shipping you can count on a week at least. LOL

I want the fingerprint scanner also without having to flash a ROM. I figure since they speak English in the UK that the worst thing is that a few words may be spelled differently than what we are used to. You know colour instead of color.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
So you've decided huh? I'm so undecided right now. I am having conflicting thoughts. I think it'll come down to the camera and the edge sense capabilities.

I still go back and forth LMAO!

The XZ seems like an incredible bit of technology. Bezels are painful when you look at your phone hundreds of times a day.

The U 11 looks really nice, you seen that render of the red one?

Let's see. ANYTHING to keep me away from Samsung. Which I've managed to do since I had the Soul U900 nine years ago.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I still go back and forth LMAO!

The XZ seems like an incredible bit of technology. Bezels are painful when you look at your phone hundreds of times a day.

The U 11 looks really nice, you seen that render of the red one?

Let's see. ANYTHING to keep me away from Samsung. Which I've managed to do since I had the Soul U900 nine years ago.

That red render I saw in XDA. It's beautiful. The XZ Premium is stealing me away for the front facing speakers and the camera. Samples of the camera, saw some on phone arena, are stunning! The U 11 has to impress me in the camera department to get me to go full-fledged Bluetooth. I still have some great wired headsets and Sony will accommodate them well. The bezels don't bother me. It's just top and bottom for the front speakers. Right now for me it's really only going to come down to camera, I think.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
That red render I saw in XDA. It's beautiful. The XZ Premium is stealing me away for the front facing speakers and the camera. Samples of the camera, saw some on phone arena, are stunning! The U 11 has to impress me in the camera department to get me to go full-fledged Bluetooth. I still have some great wired headsets and Sony will accommodate them well. The bezels don't bother me. It's just top and bottom for the front speakers. Right now for me it's really only going to come down to camera, I think.

The every photo sample I've seen from the Premium has been stunning. It could be camera of the year. I can forgive the relatively slow shutter speed Sony is known for if the camera produces that kind of quality.

You know the HTC will come with a USB C headphone jack adaptor?

The Xperia has high res audio like the HTC right? Are they comparable? If so, the front facing speakers of the Sony may just sway me.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The every photo sample I've seen from the Premium has been stunning. It could be camera of the year. I can forgive the relatively slow shutter speed Sony is known for if the camera produces that kind of quality.

You know the HTC will come with a USB C headphone jack adaptor?

The Xperia has high res audio like the HTC right? Are they comparable? If so, the front facing speakers of the Sony may just sway me.

Well if they continue the current Sony trend, they have a custom DAC that produces comparable, if not superior, audio quality. I know it'll come with the dongle but I charge and listen at the same time for at least an hour and a half every day. But, if the camera is on the same level and the edge sense seems practical, I will go HTC.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Well if they continue the current Sony trend, they have a custom DAC that produces comparable, if not superior, audio quality. I know it'll come with the dongle but I charge and listen at the same time for at least an hour and a half every day. But, if the camera is on the same level and the edge sense seems practical, I will go HTC.

Gotcha.

cheetahwig1

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Bezels mean I can hold the phone and not accidentally open up apps. Bezels on this phone mean front facing stereo speakers. The camera looks to be a real winner, and a dedicated camera button adds usability. Can't wait for this phone to come out!

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Enjoying the tumbleweed here.

It's because there's virtually **** all US market for Sony that it's so dead here, right?

I'd believe that to be a strong reason for the lack of a XZ Premium forum.

Either way I'll wait for the reviews before I decide between the U11 and the XZ Premium. Although if Nokia launched their flagship soon it'll be a tougher choice

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Holding out for HTC, but this seriously has my mind in a daze. This is surely to be a very hard decision between the two this year...

"We love being surprised as much as we like being impressed. And Sony just delivered!"-GSMArena

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_premium-review-1610p10.php

Thanks for this. I'm a bit concerned about:

Excellent audio quality on an external amp with average loudness. Unfortunately, loudness is less than stellar with headphones.

Stereo loudspeakers sound nice but they scored Below Average in our loudness test.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. I'm a bit concerned about:

Excellent audio quality on an external amp with average loudness. Unfortunately, loudness is less than stellar with headphones.

Stereo loudspeakers sound nice but they scored Below Average in our loudness test.

I'm not. Most everything I have is Bluetooth now. Just bought a pair of beats wireless. My car is Bluetooth. I'm stoked for the camera experience. I'm only worried that the camera might not have a 16 second exposure like my HTC 10 does. I take lots of pics of the Stars and I'd be remiss if I didn't have that feature on my next phone. Other than that, I'm almost drooling... Haha

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Damn I wasn't even considering the HTC U11 but I am now. However I am still interested in the Sony Xz Prem. Price could be better though. The U11 is only $649. I also don't mind the bezel on top and bottom. Pick your phone up and see where you thumb goes? Kind of in the lower third. Not at the very bottom. I like where the home, back, and multitasking button are on the Xz Prem. Reaching at the very bottom with your thumb is a bit uncomfortable for me. Camera is huge for me and it seems some people don't like the Sony's? Is it near the top? They seem more true in color etc. I don't know anymore, I can't decide. Just trying to stay away from Samsung, won't ever buy apple, and I am always looking for something new, I tend to get bored ha. Might check out the new Nokias too!

Last edited:

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
HTC looks like a great phone too. It's going to be a tough call either way. Seems like all the flagships are extremely competitive. Whichever you choose, please post your thoughts and enjoy. I'm still going for the Sony. Awaiting my preorder.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I feel like the XZ1 may be a better fit for myself. Hoping it's a little cheaper than the premium too. And its not quite and big as the premium etc. I personally don't want a 6 plus inch phone. And like you said maybe the bezels will be a bit better although I don't really mind them that much! I have that new phone bug though right now and waiting sucks! ha

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair