Where are my notification sounds located?

A

AC Question

I just replaced my Sony Xperia Z3 phone with an Xperia XZ Premium. Enjoying the new phone so far except for one thing: the notification sound that I used on my Xperia Z3 ("Event") is not included on my Xperia XZ Premium.

I was hoping that I could copy this particular notification sound from my old phone to my new phone, but I was unable to find where built-in notification sounds were stored, using both the File Commander app on the phone and connected to my computer and using the Windows File Explorer. Notification sounds added by other apps were in an obvious location, but the built-in ones were nowhere to be found--nowhere to be found by me anyway.

So, where are the built-in notification sounds located on my old Xperia Z3? More importantly, is it possible to transfer them to my new phone, or am I going to have to settle for a notification sound that I don't like as much as my beloved "Event"?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Went thru this with another poster a while ago and neither of us could find the ringtones. Presume they are stuck in a protected folder or names are encoded somehow. Suggest you look at the thousands of tones available online and see if you can find the one you like. Might also be worthwhile to contact Xperia tech support.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
You need root access to access the folder where the ringtones/sounds are kept.

If you do a search you will find a couple of places that have all the Z3 sounds as a ZIP download. I found a couple but I'm unsure if the download works as the site is blocked for me (I'm at work).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463