Android pay, sony Xperia xz premium

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the premium version of the phone but many reviews (US I think?) say that android pay does not work on the phone because of its software. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone payed for an item with Android pay successfully on their Sony xz premium?

Thanks.

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
A link to one of the reviews that this issue is stated would be nice.

I can't seem to think of a reason why Android Pay would be an issue as it only requires NFC, which the XZP has and your device needs to have security enabled.

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Sony Xperia XZ Premium review - Android Authority

Its just in the negatives. I didn't believe it at first, but with them being quite a respectable android news websites I'm unsure.

It's strange that I can't find any other review indicating this issue. Though other reviews have other things that I find weird as 'negatives'. I also don't see anyone saying anything in other forums.

It could simply be an app issue rather than a ROM issue that Android Authority is indicating. It's possible that because the phone is so new that the app wasn't updated to work with it properly. Either that or they rooted the phone for some reason.

The best way to ensure if Android Pay will work with XZP would be to contact Sony or Google on a forum/email and point them to the review you linked here. That way you get the best answer rather than someone having no issues and some having many issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude