No Wi-Fi calling on XZ Premium?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My Axon 7 was dying so last night while at Best Buy I stumbled on the XZP and thought it was a great replacement for my A7. I got it all set up last night and I'm tinkering with it today and stupid me I didn't research enough and discovered there is no ability to use WiFi Calling with this phone or did I miss it in settings somewhere?

My A7 had it and it worked perfectly on T-Mobile. So does the feature exiast with the XZP??

My other mistep was discovering that it doesn't offer fingerprint lock/unlock.

I fear this will go back to BB and I'll have to start my search over, thinking maybe the Mate 9 or S8 unlocked.

Thoughts?

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Off hand I can't find any settings that would enable WiFi calling on the Xperia XZ Premium, or any mention of the feature.

As you're probably already aware WiFi calling is provided by your service provider, so it's not a software enabled feature, however there's more than one way to enable system services.

It could require some form of configuration file to be pushed onto the device, or it could simply not be possible on this handset.

Unfortunately your not going to know for sure unless you ask your service provider.

Good luck and hope it all works out.

Barry

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

The more I'm using this phone, the more I'm ready to return it I think.

I really miss the fingerprint reader. I hate not having WiFi calling (which I use on several occasions) and I hate that it doesn't offer separate volume controls for Ringer, Notifications, Media, etc. Instead it combines phone ringer AND notifications, stupid way to do it.

So I think I'll go grab the unlocked S8 from BB who is giving out a $200 gift card too and will price match.

I really hoped this phone would be better suited for my needs than it turned out to be. :(

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Update. I returned the XZ and did end up with with the unlocked S8 ($200 BB gift card) locked in my decision. The S8 hs been rock solid so far. So many more features as well.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Think overall you will be happier with the S8 anyway.

Can't believe that a phone in the price bracket of the XZP doesn't have voWifi.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If going the route of the XZP the best bet is to go with an international version. They can be had for $600-$650 on Amazon with prime shipping and the FPS works great. I have an S8+ but the XZP has taken over the primary phone role for me.

Thomas Guide

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
As you're probably already aware WiFi calling is provided by your service provider, so it's not a software enabled feature, however there's more than one way to enable system services.

It could require some form of configuration file to be pushed onto the device, or it could simply not be possible on this handset.

Barry

It has to be available from the provider and the handset must also support it in order for it work properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay