Battery - Really?

travellife

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone for the most part but I barely used it today and my battery drained so quickly it's kind of hard to believe. I can still return the phone but would hate to do that if there is a solution to the battery issue. Is it because of the Oreo update?

travellife

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
How old is the phone?
During the update it drains a lot of current (high cpu usage), but after next charge it should go normal.

Looks like other people have similar problems after oreo update. See this thread
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Battery-drains-after-update-to-android-oreo-8/td-p/1282105
I've had the phone less than a month. The battery life is declining and it does seem related to the Oreo update which I performed over a week ago. It's really too bad, such a nice quality phone, I really like the design. Camera is funky in macro mode but no phone is perfect. Thank you for the link.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone less than a month. The battery life is declining and it does seem related to the Oreo update which I performed over a week ago. It's really too bad, such a nice quality phone, I really like the design. Camera is funky in macro mode but no phone is perfect. Thank you for the link.

WOW thanks for the link too. I have have not had issues with mine and I did the update 3 months ago

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you do a full factory reset...

It is widely known that when you do a major OS update/downgrade (from old to new) you should do a full wipe and factory reset.. Just make sure you back everything up first :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC