So a little over a year into owning my Sony Xperia XZS. It was a new phone when I bought it, as in not used. It was still pretty new at the time as well. Anyway....I am super bummed out. Might have to try for a warranty or just switch phones and I'm not sure I'd stay with Sony.

So first, my ear proximity quit working. Screen would not come back on, making it extremely hard to hang out. Realized if I squeezed the upper top right corner of my screen than it would come on. Well not long after this started to happen I realized my screen in the top right corner is pealing off. So I'd assume this is why my ear proximity isn't working right.

Second, now that the screen is peeling off my phone is probably no longer IP68.

Third, just seemed to be happening more and more now. My phone overheats very fast when shooting video, not even 4K, and when just taking pictures now and leaving the screen on. I can't have this. I find this to be ridiculous. My wifes samsung S7 doesn't do this at all. Sony claims this is normal? Maybe after a ridiculous amount of time or something but not after a minute or two.

Four, it's starting to lag like crazy and I still have a crazy amount of space, no games or anything like that, my pics are on the SD card and cleaned up often. I just don't know

Otherwise I still love the phone itself, the camera, the video. It's awesome, but it's falling apart. Was hoping to get a new sony some day but now I am thinking twice about it.

Anyway thanks for listening. Any solutions please let me know. Otherwise feel free to complain with me.

Thanks
    06-11-2018 08:16 AM
    Sounds like you got a bad device. I don't have much experience with Sony smartphones, but I could understand if you wanted to look at other devices. Which ones do you have in mind?
    06-11-2018 08:37 AM
    Yeah definitely a lemon I think, I have been in touch with Sony, so we will see how their support is. That could be a deciding factor. For the first year I didn't have a single thing to complain about. Loved the phone, and still do. I was considering a new sony but now I'm not sure. Been following them and nokia. Nokia isn't ip68, and it's actually important to me. I need a bad *** camera. I use it a lot. Maybe a S8 or 9, Pixel 2? I don't know. Time to start reviewing
    06-11-2018 08:44 AM