I've read it doesn't have the fastest QC, but in reality how fast does it charge compared with the latest and greatest phones?
    10-12-2017 05:43 AM
    I've read it doesn't have the fastest QC, but in reality how fast does it charge compared with the latest and greatest phones?
    I haven't went from 0-100% yet but in my experience, charging from 39 to 100 can take an hour and a bit (like 10 minutes) by itself. It still quick charges but it is a little slower than say the the OnePlus and Pixels.
    10-12-2017 08:28 AM
    Thanks. That's a little disappointing.
    10-12-2017 08:52 AM
    Thanks. That's a little disappointing.
    You're welcome. It hasn't bothered me at all really. I don't get why Sony has it that way. I'll see if I can take a screenshot to properly show the time it would take to charge the next time I charge it.
    10-12-2017 08:56 AM
    You're welcome. It hasn't bothered me at all really. I don't get why Sony has it that way. I'll see if I can take a screenshot to properly show the time it would take to charge the next time I charge it.
    That would be awesome, cheers!

How do you rate the phone overall? I'm definitely considering it.

How's the display in particular in terms of brightness, sharpness and "punchiness" of colours?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-12-2017 10:14 AM
    That would be awesome, cheers!

How do you rate the phone overall? I'm definitely considering it.

How's the display in particular in terms of brightness, sharpness and "punchiness" of colours?
    I have had it for close to 4 days (got it Monday night) and so far, I have had a hard time putting it down. I plan to share a review in a couple of days but I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

It has been bright enough for me but it's been mostly cloudy here so it's hard to say how it will be in sunny weather. On that note, there's a setting where the screen doesn't turn off if it senses that it is in your hand and it does work well.

For the colors, there's finally a standard mode that isn't as cold. It seems like they improved that. It seems similar to the colors of the Pixel but less saturated than Samsung colors. Blacks are light though. Still black but kind of off black.

Sharpness seems to be fine to me. I'm not the type that notices every pixel on a screen so I'm fine with it being a 720p display.
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    10-12-2017 11:27 AM
    Are you still going to try the pixel to compare?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-12-2017 11:48 AM
    Are you still going to try the pixel to compare?
    Nope, I cancelled my order for the Pixel 2. I have the first Pixel (or Pixel 1, I guess lol). I liked it but I really just always wanted a smaller phone with similar performance to the Pixel, which this provides. I figured that if this doesn't work out, I could go for the Pixel 2 but I'm pleased with XZ1 Compact.
    10-12-2017 11:54 AM
    Nope, I cancelled my order for the Pixel 2. I have the first Pixel (or Pixel 1, I guess lol). I liked it but I really just always wanted a smaller phone with similar performance to the Pixel, which this provides. I figured that if this doesn't work out, I could go for the Pixel 2 but I'm pleased with XZ1 Compact.
    Hmm. I'm thinking my xz1 is a tad big for me. Doesn't look like the pixel is much smaller. I should have stayed with my gut and went compact ๐Ÿ™„. I might just return this and get it.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-12-2017 12:59 PM
    Hmm. I'm thinking my xz1 is a tad big for me. Doesn't look like the pixel is much smaller. I should have stayed with my gut and went compact . I might just return this and get it.
    According to Phone Arena's size compare, it might be noticeable but of course it's up to you.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...77,10264,10584
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    10-12-2017 02:09 PM
    @Eggmundo

I have some screenshots for you (and anyone else interested) about the Quick Charging. I think it has gotten used to my charging patterns so I think what I told you wasn't totally right.

The first two is battery life and screen on time.

The last one is the shot I mentioned before.

Edit: It finished charging 2 minutes before this screenshot. It has to get used to your charging patterns.

RumoredNow likes this.
    10-12-2017 09:52 PM
    That's quite impressive dude thanks.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-13-2017 04:49 AM
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in? ๐Ÿ˜€. I currently have the Compact X and have been really pleased with the phone. I've just ordered the Compact Xz1 and can't wait. The reviews seem extremely positive.
    libra89 and DominionRoofs like this.
    10-13-2017 08:48 AM
    That's quite impressive dude thanks.
    You're welcome! Glad that I could help. I have been impressed with it.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in? . I currently have the Compact X and have been really pleased with the phone. I've just ordered the Compact Xz1 and can't wait. The reviews seem extremely positive.
    Congrats! I'm curious what made you upgrade. You will appreciate 2 noticeable differences off the bat, which I will let you find out.
    10-13-2017 09:15 AM
    The reason for the upgrade are a few factors. Having the snapdragon 835 chip will make a huge difference compared to the 635 in the Compact X. Having the 19mp motion eye camera along with 960fps video ability has me sold. On the audio I understand Sony has made significant improvements.

3D creator I'm excited about. 4gig of ram could have been more but I'm OK with it.

Certainly with the new 835 chip battery life should also be improved.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-13-2017 09:38 AM
    Thanks for this link. Never knew it existed. Appreciate that.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2017 12:06 AM
    The previous message was in response to the phonearena link sent by libra89... Phone comparison.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2017 12:14 AM