With the release of the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, a lot of people wanted to know how the camera compares to the iPhone SE since performance is similar. I wanted to do a quick shootout so that we (you and me, of course) can see how well or not so well the XZ1C holds up in different situations.

(Disclaimer: I'm just an average gal who is into phones. I tried my best to do as similar shots as possible between the two phones. Images have been resized a bit for the forums. All pictures were shot on auto mode and with flash turned off for most pictures. The one exception is noted. I was unable to make the images the same sizes though.)

Anyway, let's get into it.
    (The XZ1C will be the first image and the iPhone SE will be the second image. The images will also be labeled with XZ1C and SE too.)

Scene 1: Green trees

Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-xz1c-tree1.jpg Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-se-tree1.jpg

Scene 2: Mixed trees

Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-xz1c-tree2.jpg Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-se-tree2.jpg

Scene 3: Dead bug (just found it like this)

Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-xz1c-bug.jpg Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-se-bug.jpg

Scene 4: Low light decor
    (The XZ1C activated flash automatically, so I have included a shot with flash off as well; SE didn't activate flash at all)

Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-xz1c-bannerflash.jpg Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-se-banner.jpg Xperia XZ1 Compact vs iPhone SE: Early evening shootout-xz1c-banner.jpg

Thoughts and comments are welcome. In my opinion, Sony lost the last picture but they did try with the flash auto activating.
    10-23-2017 08:53 PM
    Great comparison!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-24-2017 01:46 AM
    Great comparison!
    Thank you! I'm surprised with the results.
    10-24-2017 08:36 AM
    Thank you so so much for this! Exactly what I was looking for! Could I ask you which phone you found took the pictures faster? Thanks again
    libra89 likes this.
    10-25-2017 03:26 PM
    Thank you so so much for this! Exactly what I was looking for! Could I ask you which phone you found took the pictures faster? Thanks again
    You're welcome, thank you for viewing it! From what I recall, the XZ1 Compact was faster. Both faster in opening the camera app and in taking pictures in general.
    10-25-2017 04:48 PM
    Awesome job. Thanks for taking the time to do this
    krazyatom and libra89 like this.
    10-25-2017 09:05 PM
    Awesome job. Thanks for taking the time to do this
    Thank you! You're very welcome, I'm glad that I can help.
    10-26-2017 08:24 AM
    Scene 3: Dead bug (just found it like this)
    LOL we all know you wouldn't hurt a fly...

I wasn't there to see it with my own eyes, but I'd give the trees and grass scenes to XZ1c and the others to SE.

Thanks for the tests.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-02-2017 05:54 AM
    LOL we all know you wouldn't hurt a fly...

I wasn't there to see it with my own eyes, but I'd give the trees and grass scenes to XZ1c and the others to SE.

Thanks for the tests.
    Haha thanks. You know me but I don't know who else would know so I wanted to make sure lol.

You're welcome! I agree with you on your observation. The SE is more true to life with the last two.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-02-2017 07:22 AM
    Going by these photos alone....xz1 compact for the win! plus the device itself looks sooooo damn good!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-24-2017 05:05 AM