New to Android - help with vibrate notifications for emails/text

cbfan123

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I posed this question in the help forums buy did nothing get a response so hopefully I will have better luck here.

I am setting up Xperia XZ1 Compact running Oreo and I have some questions about the vibrate notifications.

I would like to have a quick way to toggle all vibrate notifications on/off but leave the LED notification turned on. I don't see a separate option for vibrate by itself.

Screenshot_20171124-083604.png

There is a way to turn off vibrate for all but I would need to go to each account to turn them off which is inefficient. Or, I can use the "do not disturb" but this also turns off LED notifications as well. And, I won't be able to listen to media in this setting.

If the built in OS does not have this option, is there an app that meets my criteria?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, not any way I can think of with a single app. Some combination of apps may do what you need - Xposed Framework and the Xposed LED app - but the phone has to be rooted to run Xposed. (Then you may be able to use do not disturb and still force the LED notifications.)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Does it not have a vibrate toggle in the notification tray? Swipe down on the tray and you will see an icon that usually says sound. Tap it once to set to vibrate, another to complete mute.

cbfan123

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, not any way I can think of with a single app. Some combination of apps may do what you need - Xposed Framework and the Xposed LED app - but the phone has to be rooted to run Xposed. (Then you may be able to use do not disturb and still force the LED notifications.)

Rukbat, after spending a little more time with the phone, I have came to the conclusion that that what I want is not available in the OS through regular means.
Does it not have a vibrate toggle in the notification tray? Swipe down on the tray and you will see an icon that usually says sound. Tap it once to set to vibrate, another to complete mute.
Chanchan05, there isn't that option on my phone that I can see.

While I like that each app has customizable notifications, it doesn't have exactly what I'm looking for. After using BlackBerry for close to 10 years, it seems like an obvious setting to have. I wonder if this "missing" setting is unique to Xperia phones or if other Android phone manufacturers have what I'm looking for.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Rukbat, after spending a little more time with the phone, I have came to the conclusion that that what I want is not available in the OS through regular means.

Chanchan05, there isn't that option on my phone that I can see.

While I like that each app has customizable notifications, it doesn't have exactly what I'm looking for. After using BlackBerry for close to 10 years, it seems like an obvious setting to have. I wonder if this "missing" setting is unique to Xperia phones or if other Android phone manufacturers have what I'm looking for.
I've only used Samsung mostly and well, it has that. Swiping down to bring the notification shade down reveals toggles. One of those toggles between sound, vibrate, and mute all notifications without affecting LED. Strange, AFAIK this is on all Android phones.