Export playlists from Sony Music App

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I would like to transfer (export) playlists I've made using the Sony Music app, to a new (non-Sony) device.

The playlists are all referencing files in my downloads, which I'll transfer to the new phone as well.

I don't know the format of these files, such as .M3U, .PLS, .XML etc, but if I search for a playlist name with my phone connected to my PC via USB (Internal Storage) - no results are found. I was hoping I could transfer playlist files to the new phone.

Anyone know a way of doing this please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of response, but playlist questions can often be a bit confounding. It's possible that Sony uses some kind of proprietary file type for playlists. Since you're not getting any helpful responses here (nor over at XDA, where I noticed you asked as well), then you might want to try contacting Sony support about it. https://us.esupport.sony.com/support/s/support-contact?language=en_US&category=mobile

Thanks so much for your reply, it's much appreciated!

I was thinking it might be proprietary and maybe hidden/embedded in a way that makes it hard to find.

I'll see if Sony have any suggestions as like you say it is probably not a widely known issue