Are you interested in buying the XZ2 or the XZ2 Compact?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to know.

As someone that owned the XZ1 Compact, the XZ2 Compact sounds good but I'm not sure.

How about you? Are you interested in buying the XZ2 or the XZ2 Compact?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious to know.

As someone that owned the XZ1 Compact, the XZ2 Compact sounds good but I'm not sure.

How about you? Are you interested in buying the XZ2 or the XZ2 Compact?

I'm pretty sure that I'm getting the XZ2. It'll depend on US pricing though. I'm back on iOS as my daily, but I'd love to have the XZ2 for my second line.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to be following reviews. I'm always interested in Sony phones because I think they make great ones but honestly, I'm a little bummed that they got rid of the blocky design. I was hoping for a thin bezel remake but the same overall vibe.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to be following reviews. I'm always interested in Sony phones because I think they make great ones but honestly, I'm a little bummed that they got rid of the blocky design. I was hoping for a thin bezel remake but the same overall vibe.

This!! And also will they ever be able to fix the terribly slow shutter speed?

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested. I have the XZ1 C. I like Sony's software. I'll wait for reviews before any decision to buy.

Last edited:

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I use the Compact XZ1 as my backup phone. I may sell it and treat myself to the XZ2. It will come with a glass back, wireless charging and a larger battery.

I'd be a little concerned that the higher resolution on the XZ2 Compact screen will eat up the small bump in the mAh that Sony added.

But for now I'll stay with my current phone Pixel 2.

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to keep an eye on them. I have the XZS and at some point I'd like to update to a new Sony but I'm not sure if the XZ2 is it or not

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep an eye out, but as long as the Sony phones don't display bluetooth meta data on my car stereo I'll pass. Also I hate how they bake in apps like Facebook as system apps so they can't be deleted, only disabled. I also don't know if I could do a phone with no AOD after using the G6, S8+, and Note 8.

Last edited:

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'd advise people to go out and check out GSM Arena's photo compare tool with the XZ2. Sony definitely is using the new Spectra 280 ISP (which they apparently helped design) to their advantage. Would like to see samples ftom other sources too, but if these hold up they've definitely made advances, even while using the same IMX 400 sensor from last year's models. (Though they still have a bit too much sharpness I think)

https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=5&idPhone1=8966&idPhone2=9081&idPhone3=8804

sony Capture.jpg

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if it finally surfaces raw (even if requiring a 3rd party camera app) ?

no one has mentioned it in the early reviews so I would guess not. honestly, I'm not sure what their hang-up is about RAW and the Camera2 API as well.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I totally am! I just don't know about the prices. I wouldn't mind either the 5.7" version or the smaller 5.0" one. I'm trying to save some money so if the prices of this device line (though it's awesome!) are a little high, I will look elsewhere.

hockey9592

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when it's being released in the US? I'm interested as well

I was wondering the same thing. I read a few articles that this would work on Verizon's Network as well, can anyone confirm?

Also in Europe, if you pre-order, you get a free PS4 or PSVR. I hope that deal is in the US as well

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Do these phones support the idea of adding a dongle to the USB C port with a 3.5mm jack at the other end so those that prefer the wired headphones could still listen to their music on phones with no jack?

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I really don't like their new design and it's no longer 4.6 inch screen. Also, it's missing 3.5mm headjack.
I'm sure you can use the C port with an adapter to jack, not sure if all phones support that for those that don't have the 3mm jack.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I read a few articles that this would work on Verizon's Network as well, can anyone confirm?

Also in Europe, if you pre-order, you get a free PS4 or PSVR. I hope that deal is in the US as well
Wow that's awesome deal. Free PS4! I wish US market also offers them.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure you can use the C port with an adapter to jack, not sure if all phones support that for those that don't have the 3mm jack.
I am sure Sony will support c port for audio. This is first time they abandoned 3.5mm headphone jack so I am sure it is will.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am sure Sony will support c port for audio. This is first time they abandoned 3.5mm headphone jack so I am sure it is will.
I think they supply wireless headphones with their latest XZ2 and XZ2 compact, and they are inserted in the C port, so I tend to think that if I stick a 3.5mm headphone jack into a C port adapter it should work.

I'm replacing my Xperia Z1C as I've had it 5 years and the non removable battery is beginning to lose power fast and phone switches off at around 19%, I'm trying to find a phone that has the spec I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX