Samsung Galaxy s9+vs Sony Xperia xz2

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely yes.

Agreed and second that...

When I went into my O2UK store today, I had the choice for my Upgrade of the XZ2 or (for an extra £5 p/month) the S9+.. I did have a think about for about .. Ooo.. 10 seconds.. then grabbed the XZ2 :)

Ive used an S8+ and to me, theres just too much pointless stuff ill never use on it.. and as Google will soon be pushing "Google Vision" out to everyone, I dont need Bixby either

Im happy I chose the XZ2 :)

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
@NightOrchid

that's awesome:)im so glad you chose the sony my upgrade is in june and I've been debating on the s9+ vs the xz2premium and to be honest I'll never go Samsung again. I no the s7edge is old now but my experience with it especially the software it's been terrible.I wouldn't have thought of going Sony because many people I no don't even have one.im going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years because it's on contract, so I got to make a good choice.but your right there is alot of pointless things,to be honest I don't even thing they work.im defiantly going Sony because of your choice:)

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
@NightOrchid

that's awesome:)im so glad you chose the sony my upgrade is in june and I've been debating on the s9+ vs the xz2premium and to be honest I'll never go Samsung again. I no the s7edge is old now but my experience with it especially the software it's been terrible.I wouldn't have thought of going Sony because many people I no don't even have one.im going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years because it's on contract, so I got to make a good choice.but your right there is alot of pointless things,to be honest I don't even thing they work.im defiantly going Sony because of your choice:)

Good choice... You definitely wont be disappointed, its a great device.. A few more things to entice you :):

The speakers are much better these days, even louder and clearer than the XZPrem, even at high volumes.. and FINALLY.. loud ringer & Notification tones you can actually hear in crowded places. The rumble pack is fun for movies, but is a bit gimmicky, although you can turn it off..

SONYS constant OS & Security Updates every 4 - 6 weeks

Depending what region your in... there is a little bit of Bloatware apps and while you cant uninstall all of them, you can disable them and because you have 64GB of internal & SD Card, you have plenty space to spare.

IMO, The camera is fantastic too at last.. SONY are really trying to move forward with their software, their 5-axis DIS is, IMO, as good as OIS... and the camera is fun to use as well... also in Auto mode, SONY have included a Manual White Balance .. so thats a bonus... My only gripe with the camera is, unless you have a tripod the images can be noisy and can struggle in low-light. although its NOWHERE near as bad as these so-called "expert" reviewers say it is.. you just got to tinker..

And my biggest gripe with reviewers.. The design.. oh how they love to bash the XZ2 design... Personally, I think its gorgeous.. I have the liquid Blue / Green one. its stunning in the light and turns heads because theyre so rare to see. and everyone has a Samsung or an iPhone.. not that it really matters, but sometimes its nice to have something unique and different..

Also, its got nice hefty weight too it.. theres nothing better than buying a device and you feel as if your £700 was well spent.. these paper thin phones, like the S8 and S9 are too flimsy..

Youll love it, just remember to buy a case and learn to use the camera, although Superior Auto has been vastly improved as is now a great point and shoot.. but the fun, for me anyway, is learning to shoot with Manual Mode, something new

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the write-up! I've always loved Xperia phones. I've owned two in the past and I'm waiting to see the XZ3 later this year. Pixel 2 for now.

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
@NightOrchid

wow thanks for the write up.it sounds incredible. I no everyone has Samsung and iPhone and I've had them both and I think Sony may be great.i totally agree with you they are flimsy they so thin.The camera sounds excellent I'm sure I'll love it.what are the screen protectors like?are they like Samsung's?The ones that curve over the screen and they constantly come off and you can't buy any cover because of that. thank you very much for the reassurance I'm confident in the Sony now.Just another thing regarding the battery,when fully charged does it last long?I mean the Samsung lasts not even an hour if your on it playing games or watching movies which is horrible

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the Xperia Compact XZ1 and it's a great phone. Also use as a backup phone the compact X. No bloat ware, snappy and fast. Small phone but that's my personal preference. Would love to buy the XZ2 but one will see

AlvinZM

May 28, 2018
Visit site
XZ2 is a superb phone. Its display is gorgeous, the design looks really really good, I love at how it seamlessly changes colours in different lightings, the camera is excellent (even without OIS, it crushes phones with OIS when it comes to stabilisation and blurriness). This phone is very powerful, just wow, and the battery life is amazing, despite the relatively small 3180 mAh capacity.

My previous phone was Z3 and I'm still using it as my secondary phone (it has a great battery life back then, but it degrades a bit badly for me, the speed also decreases overtime but not severe and still perfectly usable). I'm happy with Z3 except for its camera, now I'm very happy with my XZ2 in every aspect of its features.

9.5/10 - Recommended!

Cons:
- I wish the phone has lower aperture (F/1.8 would be good), because low-light pictures are noisy, and even some daylight pictures are a bit noisy sometimes.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack-less is bugging me a little bit.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Glad you like it! I'm happy Sony have made big strides with this one. Seems the big dogs at Sony are looking at revamping the whole mobile business, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech