Samsung Galaxy s9+vs Sony Xperia xz2

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi all I need some advice.im currently due to upgrade my smartphone,I currently have the s7 edge and can't decided on the s9+or the xz2. My s7 edge is my first android phone. My s7 edge has given me non stop troubles for 1 year.in for repairs every month and the worst customer service. Has anygot got the xz2 and what are your views on the smartphone?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For me it's simple, software experience. I think S9+ probably has everything XZ2 has to offer on hardware and then some but I never get used to software experience on Samsung (even with S9+). I prefer pixel, one plus, essential, Sony etc where I enjoy using it much more than Samsung, LG phones.

If Samsung software doesn't bother you I do believe S9+ might be better buy otherwise XZ2 is a great option. I have used S9+ before I sold it few weeks back. I'll be getting XZ2 and I'm pretty sure at least software wise I'll be more happier based on experience with previous Sony phones.

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
thank you so much for your feedback much appreciated it. the software doesn't worry me really,to be honest the operating system in Samsung I'm really not enjoying it.it lags alot and is not responsive. I just want a good solid smartphone. I no everyone rates the s9.but I guess that's just a rating based on statistics i guess. But I use my phone more for entertainment.what is a Sony phone like in terms of software from your personal experience?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
thank you so much for your feedback much appreciated it. the software doesn't worry me really,to be honest the operating system in Samsung I'm really not enjoying it.it lags alot and is not responsive. I just want a good solid smartphone. I no everyone rates the s9.but I guess that's just a rating based on statistics i guess. But I use my phone more for entertainment.what is a Sony phone like in terms of software from your personal experience?

The S7 Edge is probably my least favorite phone I've had in at least 5 years. I don't know what it was, but it was awful. The only redeeming quality it had was the camera. With that being said, I had a S8+ and had very few problems. I haven't even seen the S9 in person yet, but I have no interest in owning another Samsung phone right now. I don't have an XZ2 yet, but in all my years on forums I've not heard bad things about Sony's software, and never heard anything bad about the build quality of their devices. The software overlay on Sony phones isn't too far off from what you'd find on a Pixel from the limited experience I have with Sony phones. Sony does add quite a bit of entertainment apps, but not a lot else. In your case that may actually be a good thing as you tend to use your phone for media a lot.

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
@msm0511 thank you for your advice.u totally agree it is the worst phone and after my experience with having the s7 edge I don't think I'll go for another Samsung device.i have been reading alot about the xz2 and it seems like a good phone but I have my doubts on choice which to get.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Sony make probably the fastest software experience. And they're always good with updates. It's for the understated and classy. Samsung is for the masses and is skin deep.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
is android 8.0 the same on every smartphone in terms of software and settings?

Yes and no. The underlying 8.0 software is the same, but almost all Android OEMs add their own software layer on top of it. Some just change the look a little, some add a host of features, and some make it unrecognizable from 8.0.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
thank you guys for your feedback. do you think all those features on the Samsung are gimics?like Bixby and all those animated emojis?
Yes! Absolutely. And you have double of many aspects. Samsung and Google account, duplicate apps etc. Hassle and chaotic. For me.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes! Absolutely. And you have double of many aspects. Samsung and Google account, duplicate apps etc. Hassle and chaotic. For me.

I agree. There are some things about the Samsung experience that you don't find in other phone, but in trade you get a lot bloat and duplication of services. I feel it is not worth the trade off.

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
yes I agree it is too much to have both those accounts,I don't even use my Samsung account. it's not worth as you said it's too many duplications. you only need your Google account and that's all.i guess your right there are somethings that you don't find in other phones but once you've owned a Samsung you realize that most of the things on the phone you don't even use so why get another one. I'm defiantly going to go with the Sony it's a better bet and I'm sure it will be great.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sony XZ2 and I am loving it. I still haven't had time to really get to know it, because I have been working 16 hours days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63