05-28-2018 09:30 AM
28 12
tools
    Hi all I need some advice.im currently due to upgrade my smartphone,I currently have the s7 edge and can't decided on the s9+or the xz2. My s7 edge is my first android phone. My s7 edge has given me non stop troubles for 1 year.in for repairs every month and the worst customer service. Has anygot got the xz2 and what are your views on the smartphone?
    04-16-2018 05:20 AM
    For me it's simple, software experience. I think S9+ probably has everything XZ2 has to offer on hardware and then some but I never get used to software experience on Samsung (even with S9+). I prefer pixel, one plus, essential, Sony etc where I enjoy using it much more than Samsung, LG phones.

If Samsung software doesn't bother you I do believe S9+ might be better buy otherwise XZ2 is a great option. I have used S9+ before I sold it few weeks back. I'll be getting XZ2 and I'm pretty sure at least software wise I'll be more happier based on experience with previous Sony phones.
    04-16-2018 11:59 AM
    thank you so much for your feedback much appreciated it. the software doesn't worry me really,to be honest the operating system in Samsung I'm really not enjoying it.it lags alot and is not responsive. I just want a good solid smartphone. I no everyone rates the s9.but I guess that's just a rating based on statistics i guess. But I use my phone more for entertainment.what is a Sony phone like in terms of software from your personal experience?
    04-16-2018 03:18 PM
    thank you so much for your feedback much appreciated it. the software doesn't worry me really,to be honest the operating system in Samsung I'm really not enjoying it.it lags alot and is not responsive. I just want a good solid smartphone. I no everyone rates the s9.but I guess that's just a rating based on statistics i guess. But I use my phone more for entertainment.what is a Sony phone like in terms of software from your personal experience?
    The S7 Edge is probably my least favorite phone I've had in at least 5 years. I don't know what it was, but it was awful. The only redeeming quality it had was the camera. With that being said, I had a S8+ and had very few problems. I haven't even seen the S9 in person yet, but I have no interest in owning another Samsung phone right now. I don't have an XZ2 yet, but in all my years on forums I've not heard bad things about Sony's software, and never heard anything bad about the build quality of their devices. The software overlay on Sony phones isn't too far off from what you'd find on a Pixel from the limited experience I have with Sony phones. Sony does add quite a bit of entertainment apps, but not a lot else. In your case that may actually be a good thing as you tend to use your phone for media a lot.
    04-17-2018 06:24 PM
    @msm0511 thank you for your advice.u totally agree it is the worst phone and after my experience with having the s7 edge I don't think I'll go for another Samsung device.i have been reading alot about the xz2 and it seems like a good phone but I have my doubts on choice which to get.
    04-18-2018 01:48 PM
    is android 8.0 the same on every smartphone in terms of software and settings?
    04-18-2018 01:50 PM
    Sony make probably the fastest software experience. And they're always good with updates. It's for the understated and classy. Samsung is for the masses and is skin deep.
    04-18-2018 01:57 PM
    @Eggmundo thanks for your feedback. do you think I'll be making a mistake by going for the Sony xperia compared to the Samsung s9+?
    04-19-2018 02:16 AM
    @Eggmundo thanks for your feedback. do you think I'll be making a mistake by going for the Sony xperia compared to the Samsung s9+?
    If you value the software experience and fluidity more, then nope. Both are awesome though.
    04-19-2018 02:25 AM
    is android 8.0 the same on every smartphone in terms of software and settings?
    Yes and no. The underlying 8.0 software is the same, but almost all Android OEMs add their own software layer on top of it. Some just change the look a little, some add a host of features, and some make it unrecognizable from 8.0.
    04-19-2018 07:10 AM
    If you value the software experience and fluidity more, then nope. Both are awesome though.
    I agree XZ2 has very smooth and fast software experience. I think is one the best I have used in the past year.
    04-19-2018 09:00 AM
    thank you guys for your feedback. do you think all those features on the Samsung are gimics?like Bixby and all those animated emojis?
    04-19-2018 12:47 PM
    thank you guys for your feedback. do you think all those features on the Samsung are gimics?like Bixby and all those animated emojis?
    Yes! Absolutely. And you have double of many aspects. Samsung and Google account, duplicate apps etc. Hassle and chaotic. For me.
    04-19-2018 03:32 PM
    Yes! Absolutely. And you have double of many aspects. Samsung and Google account, duplicate apps etc. Hassle and chaotic. For me.
    I agree. There are some things about the Samsung experience that you don't find in other phone, but in trade you get a lot bloat and duplication of services. I feel it is not worth the trade off.
    04-19-2018 05:14 PM
    yes I agree it is too much to have both those accounts,I don't even use my Samsung account. it's not worth as you said it's too many duplications. you only need your Google account and that's all.i guess your right there are somethings that you don't find in other phones but once you've owned a Samsung you realize that most of the things on the phone you don't even use so why get another one. I'm defiantly going to go with the Sony it's a better bet and I'm sure it will be great.
    cert15z likes this.
    04-20-2018 09:26 AM
    @cert15z which smartphone do you currently have at the moment?
    04-20-2018 09:28 AM
    Sony XZ2
    04-20-2018 09:32 AM
    Sony XZ2 and I am loving it. I still haven't had time to really get to know it, because I have been working 16 hours days.
    04-20-2018 09:43 AM
    @cert15z ah that's awesome I'm glad your enjoying it.ive come to a decision the xz2 defiantly.
    Eggmundo likes this.
    04-21-2018 03:12 PM
    Absolutely yes.
    04-21-2018 04:52 PM
    Absolutely yes.

Agreed and second that...

When I went into my O2UK store today, I had the choice for my Upgrade of the XZ2 or (for an extra £5 p/month) the S9+.. I did have a think about for about .. Ooo.. 10 seconds.. then grabbed the XZ2

Ive used an S8+ and to me, theres just too much pointless stuff ill never use on it.. and as Google will soon be pushing "Google Vision" out to everyone, I dont need Bixby either

Im happy I chose the XZ2
    04-27-2018 04:24 PM
    @NightOrchid

that's awesomeim so glad you chose the sony my upgrade is in june and I've been debating on the s9+ vs the xz2premium and to be honest I'll never go Samsung again. I no the s7edge is old now but my experience with it especially the software it's been terrible.I wouldn't have thought of going Sony because many people I no don't even have one.im going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years because it's on contract, so I got to make a good choice.but your right there is alot of pointless things,to be honest I don't even thing they work.im defiantly going Sony because of your choice
    NightOrchid likes this.
    04-28-2018 02:09 PM
    @NightOrchid

that's awesomeim so glad you chose the sony my upgrade is in june and I've been debating on the s9+ vs the xz2premium and to be honest I'll never go Samsung again. I no the s7edge is old now but my experience with it especially the software it's been terrible.I wouldn't have thought of going Sony because many people I no don't even have one.im going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years because it's on contract, so I got to make a good choice.but your right there is alot of pointless things,to be honest I don't even thing they work.im defiantly going Sony because of your choice

Good choice... You definitely wont be disappointed, its a great device.. A few more things to entice you :

The speakers are much better these days, even louder and clearer than the XZPrem, even at high volumes.. and FINALLY.. loud ringer & Notification tones you can actually hear in crowded places. The rumble pack is fun for movies, but is a bit gimmicky, although you can turn it off..

SONYS constant OS & Security Updates every 4 - 6 weeks

Depending what region your in... there is a little bit of Bloatware apps and while you cant uninstall all of them, you can disable them and because you have 64GB of internal & SD Card, you have plenty space to spare.

IMO, The camera is fantastic too at last.. SONY are really trying to move forward with their software, their 5-axis DIS is, IMO, as good as OIS... and the camera is fun to use as well... also in Auto mode, SONY have included a Manual White Balance .. so thats a bonus... My only gripe with the camera is, unless you have a tripod the images can be noisy and can struggle in low-light. although its NOWHERE near as bad as these so-called "expert" reviewers say it is.. you just got to tinker..

And my biggest gripe with reviewers.. The design.. oh how they love to bash the XZ2 design... Personally, I think its gorgeous.. I have the liquid Blue / Green one. its stunning in the light and turns heads because theyre so rare to see. and everyone has a Samsung or an iPhone.. not that it really matters, but sometimes its nice to have something unique and different..

Also, its got nice hefty weight too it.. theres nothing better than buying a device and you feel as if your £700 was well spent.. these paper thin phones, like the S8 and S9 are too flimsy..

Youll love it, just remember to buy a case and learn to use the camera, although Superior Auto has been vastly improved as is now a great point and shoot.. but the fun, for me anyway, is learning to shoot with Manual Mode, something new
    Eggmundo and cert15z like this.
    04-30-2018 04:33 AM
    Thanks for the write-up! I've always loved Xperia phones. I've owned two in the past and I'm waiting to see the XZ3 later this year. Pixel 2 for now.
    04-30-2018 06:36 AM
    @NightOrchid

wow thanks for the write up.it sounds incredible. I no everyone has Samsung and iPhone and I've had them both and I think Sony may be great.i totally agree with you they are flimsy they so thin.The camera sounds excellent I'm sure I'll love it.what are the screen protectors like?are they like Samsung's?The ones that curve over the screen and they constantly come off and you can't buy any cover because of that. thank you very much for the reassurance I'm confident in the Sony now.Just another thing regarding the battery,when fully charged does it last long?I mean the Samsung lasts not even an hour if your on it playing games or watching movies which is horrible
    04-30-2018 06:12 PM
28 12