Thread for listing Improvements/downgrades with the Android 9 update

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Android P just arrived for UK Unbranded.... so Ive come back to the XZ2 for Android P... What ive noticed so far, is...

- Camera UI overhaul and Re-vamp ... Finally.. video and camera in a correct "Swipe" motion now.... I actually like it!

- Big improvement in image quality and sharpness, without over-processing.. vastly improved "Watercolour", mushy effect, especially in low light.

- Google Lens is now installed by default and is now part of the camera "Settings" UI

- "Slightly" Improved SDCard access speed on slower cards "80m/s", especially in Music/ Google Music apps

- Just updated today, but not noticing any strange Battery drain... seems steady and solid.

- In Music Apps > Audio Settingx > "ClearAudio+" seems to produce a thicker rounder sound, BUT.. this can give rise to a " Woolly" resonance, which while its not a distortion as such, it sounds like a Reverb / echo.

The UI is nice and fast.. just your typical Google Goodness really...

- However, still comes with Amazon and AVG bloat on install, but can be Disabled in Apps..

So far so good, I really like the update, but really looking forwad to road testing the updated camera properly..

Anyone else noticed any Improvements or downgrades in P, share them here

Cheers

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I like everything so far, it does seem like they left out the gesture navigation which is one of the main selling points of Android p

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I like everything so far, it does seem like they left out the gesture navigation which is one of the main selling points of Android p

Yeah, i was looking around for that too... as i liked it on the P20 pro and the 2xl. Maybe Sony will add it in the November update

22081_Hamburg

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
Big improvement in image quality and sharpness, without over-processing.. vastly improved "Watercolour", mushy effect, especially in low light.
Thank you so much!! I´ve searched (and hoped) for such information very much...

For XZ3 they implemented new BIONZ algorithms. So it seems that it´s just baked in their Android 9 version. Can you also confirm that they improved the problem with overblown highlights in low light? XZ3 managed light sources like neon signs, lamps better than XZ2.

If yes, I would buy XZ2c again and return my new XZ3. It´s nice, but I´m not really willing to spend so much money for a smartphone and it´s also too big for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos