Android P just arrived for UK Unbranded.... so Ive come back to the XZ2 for Android P... What ive noticed so far, is...

- Camera UI overhaul and Re-vamp ... Finally.. video and camera in a correct "Swipe" motion now.... I actually like it!

- Big improvement in image quality and sharpness, without over-processing.. vastly improved "Watercolour", mushy effect, especially in low light.

- Google Lens is now installed by default and is now part of the camera "Settings" UI

- "Slightly" Improved SDCard access speed on slower cards "80m/s", especially in Music/ Google Music apps

- Just updated today, but not noticing any strange Battery drain... seems steady and solid.

- In Music Apps > Audio Settingx > "ClearAudio+" seems to produce a thicker rounder sound, BUT.. this can give rise to a " Woolly" resonance, which while its not a distortion as such, it sounds like a Reverb / echo.

The UI is nice and fast.. just your typical Google Goodness really...

- However, still comes with Amazon and AVG bloat on install, but can be Disabled in Apps..

So far so good, I really like the update, but really looking forwad to road testing the updated camera properly..

Anyone else noticed any Improvements or downgrades in P, share them here

Cheers
    22081_Hamburg likes this.
    10-12-2018 09:06 PM
    I like everything so far, it does seem like they left out the gesture navigation which is one of the main selling points of Android p
    NightOrchid likes this.
    10-13-2018 09:54 AM
    I like everything so far, it does seem like they left out the gesture navigation which is one of the main selling points of Android p
    Yeah, i was looking around for that too... as i liked it on the P20 pro and the 2xl. Maybe Sony will add it in the November update
    10-14-2018 04:43 AM
    Big improvement in image quality and sharpness, without over-processing.. vastly improved "Watercolour", mushy effect, especially in low light.
    Thank you so much!! I´ve searched (and hoped) for such information very much...

For XZ3 they implemented new BIONZ algorithms. So it seems that it´s just baked in their Android 9 version. Can you also confirm that they improved the problem with overblown highlights in low light? XZ3 managed light sources like neon signs, lamps better than XZ2.

If yes, I would buy XZ2c again and return my new XZ3. It´s nice, but I´m not really willing to spend so much money for a smartphone and it´s also too big for me.
    10-15-2018 03:54 AM