Verizon XZ2 Compact

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting this device for Verizon but I've heard some people having issues with calls or text messaging and I was trying to see what people's experiences are. Thanks in advance

Kavu2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Have a Sony XZ2 Compact for a few weeks now. Bought from B & H Camera. Was nervous about Verizon issues as well. Make sure you get the US version (model H8314, single Sim....not the international dual Sim). Only the H8314 works on Verizon)

Released in April 2018, Verizon Stores(not necessarily Verizon re-seller stores) had their act together finally and seamlessly got my phone working. No issues at Verizon store (eg 'it's not our phone/you didn't buy it from us...go away')

Tips for activation. Have them make sure 'HD voice' is turned on in your Verizon account (My Verizon), to insure VoLTE activates phone calls. I had them test phone calls and text messages in store to make sure everything worked. Note: HD Voice might have to be toggled off and on(not in my case tho). Everything works except for Visual Voice Mail which doesn't seem to work with the XZ2c. Regular Voice Mail does work tho.

Quickie review:
XZ2c looks well made, feels good in hand(a bit slippery), good weight lends to premium feel. Fast, battery lasts for a couple days of light use and re-charges very fast. Phone calls are crystal clear… like the other person is in the next room. No re-boots or such glitches. Not a big camera guy, but the pics look good. The sound is outstanding w/several audio tweaking options. I Bluetooth music to HK Invoke speaker for great audio in house. No issues w/sending/receiving texts or pics. I plugged a SD256mb card in and have pics/music/video sent there for storage. No lag issues. I use the Windows app 'Your Phone' to relay texts to PC where I can respond via keyboard if at computer. Phone Bluetooth works in car to receive calls and texts and play music from XZ2c.

Short story: Very happy with XZ2c. I bought it for it's small size w/o any sacrifice in high end components. Able to one-hand the phone AND it fits in my pocket instead of being duct taped to my hand.

Hope this is helpful.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Have a Sony XZ2 Compact for a few weeks now. Bought from B & H Camera. Was nervous about Verizon issues as well. Make sure you get the US version (model H8314, single Sim....not the international dual Sim). Only the H8314 works on Verizon)

Released in April 2018, Verizon Stores(not necessarily Verizon re-seller stores) had their act together finally and seamlessly got my phone working. No issues at Verizon store (eg 'it's not our phone/you didn't buy it from us...go away')

Tips for activation. Have them make sure 'HD voice' is turned on in your Verizon account (My Verizon), to insure VoLTE activates phone calls. I had them test phone calls and text messages in store to make sure everything worked. Note: HD Voice might have to be toggled off and on(not in my case tho). Everything works except for Visual Voice Mail which doesn't seem to work with the XZ2c. Regular Voice Mail does work tho.

Quickie review:
XZ2c looks well made, feels good in hand(a bit slippery), good weight lends to premium feel. Fast, battery lasts for a couple days of light use and re-charges very fast. Phone calls are crystal clear… like the other person is in the next room. No re-boots or such glitches. Not a big camera guy, but the pics look good. The sound is outstanding w/several audio tweaking options. I Bluetooth music to HK Invoke speaker for great audio in house. No issues w/sending/receiving texts or pics. I plugged a SD256mb card in and have pics/music/video sent there for storage. No lag issues. I use the Windows app 'Your Phone' to relay texts to PC where I can respond via keyboard if at computer. Phone Bluetooth works in car to receive calls and texts and play music from XZ2c.

Short story: Very happy with XZ2c. I bought it for it's small size w/o any sacrifice in high end components. Able to one-hand the phone AND it fits in my pocket instead of being duct taped to my hand.

Hope this is helpful.
Thank you so much for your honest review of the phone. It's much appreciated

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908