How are you getting on with your phone's now?

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new phone and I've not had a Sony phone before. Reviews of this phone are decent but I'd like to hear how any of you owners of the phone are getting on with it after using it for a few months...
In particular the battery, how much screen on time do you tend to get?
How long does it take to charge the phone?

How is the camera performing?

How is the os after a few months? Is it still a quick smooth experience?

Can you get used to the fingerprint scanner location??

Thanks in advance.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for a month now and I find it to be underrated.

1. Battery is good enough for me. Always lasts me a full day (16-18 hours) with 3-4 hours sot (that's enough for me since I have other things to do than beeing on my phone all day) GPS on, syncing mail, LTE, wifi etc....

2. Charge overnight so I haven't got a clue regarding chargingtime.

3. Camera is really underrated. Exellent details and colors in daylight. Lowlight also better than expected with scenes looking more true to life than photos from phones that lights up a scene too much. (Night mode, Bright night etc...)

4. The phone is fast and fluid throughout the UI thanks to a clean Android and the Snapdragon.

5. I don't use the FPS but it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Rikken.

Appreciate your feedback and the photos look great.

I've actually got the mate 20 Pro which does a lot of things right.

Ive not had a Sony before and like to try different phones. But the kirin chip is probably better than the 845 in the Sony, the battery is a lot bigger, I can get at least 6 hours sot and it charges very quickly too.

I did look at the XZ3 today in a store though and it did look really nice. From the research I've done though some people have complained on some lag in the software but good to hear you're not suffering from any of this.

I would look at the new Sony phones due out but I'm not particularly liking the size of them, very tall and thin!

I shouldn't take for granted the phone I have now but still like the look of the xz3!

I'm still undecided!

Are you still getting regular updates and security patches?

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I get monthly updates. I also have the XZ2 Premium and the Mate 20 Pro. I prefer Sony for their clean Android, EMUI is not my cup of tea but the phone itself is great. One thing I find extremely annoying on the Mate is the screen-dimming issue.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice one, you've got the best of all worlds there with those phones!

EMUI can certainly be a pain at times that's for sure!

In your opinion what are the biggest negatives of the XZ3 vs the mate 20 Pro?

Thanks again for your time.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
The biggest negatives of the XZ3 are the placement of the fps and that the camera sometimes overexposes.

Now I also have the S10+

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The biggest negatives of the XZ3 are the placement of the fps and that the camera sometimes overexposes.

Now I also have the S10+

Not too many negatives then. Do you personally prefer the mate 20 Pro over the XZ3?

S10+ as well! Nice one. How do you decide which phone to use each day?!

I bet you'll be after the Xperia 1 as well yeah? Its certainly tempting me! Although have to wait for its release....

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the xz3 over the Mate 20 Pro. XZ3 has better AOD that shows notifications from third part apps, it also has double-tap-to-wake, and I prefer the screen too and the front facing speakers.

The Xperia 1 might finally bring Sony to the top when it comes to mobile photography. The best daylight pictures I' ve taken are taken with Sony phones, their details and colors are exellent.

The Mate 20 Pro will soon be gone, thinking about getting the P30 Pro.

Everone is praising the camera on the M20 Pro but it can also be inconsistent as it sometimes struggles with focusing and detail. That is my experience.

Last edited:

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the xz3 over the Mate 20 Pro. XZ3 has better AOD that shows notifications from third part apps, it also has double-tap-to-wake, and I prefer the screen too and the front facing speakers.

The Xperia 1 might finally bring Sony to the top when it comes to mobile photography. The best daylight pictures I' ve taken are taken with Sony phones, their details and colors are exellent.

The Mate 20 Pro will soon be gone, thinking about getting the P30 Pro.

Everone is praising the camera on the M20 Pro but it can also be inconsistent as it sometimes struggles with focusing and detail. That is my experience.

Nice one. Thanks for your info.

Yeah, I'll be watching the p30 announcement with interest!

One last question! How would you compare the performance of the mate 20 Pro v Sony xz3? In terms of the speed?

Thanks again.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
In dayly usage I would say performance are pretty much the same except one thing, the camera. Mate 20s camera launches faster and pictures are saved faster, the xz3 is a little slower in that department.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm still very tempted to try the XZ3 but for me I'd have to sell my Mate 20 Pro and at the moment from all my research I think I'd feel like I'm missing out on some features. Long battery life, wide angle lens and overall quality of pictures, better processor.

I'm going to wait to see what the p30 Pro offers and the Xperia 1 (although the height is putting me off this).

Although I'm going to pop down to local store to see some of the current range of phones in hand, so you never know, things might change quickly!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc