Broken glass.. please help..

jkrc717

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I saw on ebay an xperia z ultra for $200 that was set to expire in 2min. I got excited, bid and won.

I then read the description and the screen has a spider crack. The seller says in the listing that the phone powers on, but touch screen won't work because of the crack.

Before I buy it, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it fixed and how much it would cost?

Thank you..

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My advice, if you end up with the Ultra, would be to follow a repair guide to replace the screen assembly yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn't come cheap. :( Here's the iFixit Repair Guide for the Xperia Z (their page for the Ultra is lacking in content, but it should be a somewhat similar affair), and here's a link to one of the sites that sells replacement assemblies. It looks like the part itself may run just as much as the auction...

jkrc717

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My advice, if you end up with the Ultra, would be to follow a repair guide to replace the screen assembly yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn't come cheap. :( Here's the iFixit Repair Guide for the Xperia Z (their page for the Ultra is lacking in content, but it should be a somewhat similar affair), and here's a link to one of the sites that sells replacement assemblies. It looks like the part itself may run just as much as the auction...

Wow, $200 bucks. That would be $400+ i'd be spending. A little extra and I can get one brand new. Looks like I'll pass. Bummer.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I sold my broken screen Z Ultra 2 weeks on Ebay and got $225 for it :) and actually got good feedback for it.

I recommend you resell it on ebay or just tell the seller you bought it on accident to cancel your order

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar