earphone compatibiliy

lilmicstar

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I recent l have gotten myself the XZ , truely a great phone. I use the phone as mp3, with an wired headset. Its is a trrs jack (wich bassicly means audio and a mic. Here's my problem. Th original buds work perfect. One tap on the button is for play/pause. But i don't like the buds that came with it. So I've tried others. There were 2 types. #1: buds with button for the mic(answering calls etc) and #2: a button for the mic and two volume buttons(-/+).

My experiences :
#1: the button for the mic does only one thing and that is putting the volume up. When I discovered I was jogging, dubble tapped the button as I though it would skip to the next song, like on an iPod ( yeah, I have an iPod :p) and it scared the **** out of me.

#2: nearly the same as with #1. Differences :the button for the mic actually could pauze/play, but only for a limited time, after a minute or so it went back to increasing the volume. Crazy thing here is..the volume buttons actually work.

Oke, so I've tested it with an app that's called Jays headset control. It has a headset monitor (advance->extra->headset monitor) When the sony is plugged in, and i press the button, it says I pressed "button up, button down" and it results in a "single click" . With both #1 and #2 it only adjusts the volume.
Lucky i have multply devices to test it on. Same app, but on a galaxy s3, PERFECTLY. Both the sony and the other two worked perfectly. UND...to confuse you even more, if i plug them in my iPod, the all the the same thing. One press for play/pause, double press for next song, press three times for previous song. I already have tried to re map the buttons, with the app, but it didn't work.

The headsets I've used are:
Sony: MH750 (came with the XZ)
Sony: MH650c (old one from a Xperia S)
Samsung: EHS44ASSBE GH59-10443F (Is the one i want to use/ single button)
Samsung: EHS64AVFWE GH59-11720A (The one with mic and -/+ button)

I would very much like someone to explain this to me or better yet, provide me a solution.
Thanks in Advance