Queueing albums in the Walkman App

Corvus9

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I queue an album in the Walkman App so that it will automatically play once the current album has finished, and not as it currently works which plays the new queued album immediately after the current song has finished and then when the new queued album has finished returns to finish off the original album.
I know that sounds complicated, but basically I want my current album to finish before the queued album begins.

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Make sure music is not playing, and that playlists are showing. Long-touch the playlist icon, "enqueue", repeat until stuffed, press play.

"Walkman" has great playback for WAV files, but it lacks many functions and finesse. Here's how I've made do with when not using VLC:

1st - All music is stored "per album" or per "playlist", each of these are copied to their own folder. I prefer running dupe file than trusting crappy "music classification", because types are usually messed-up. Case and point: Metallica set as "classical" on one popular CD database....

2nd - If you use local storage and SD card storage for your music, organize everything in neat folders.

3rd - Run My playlist. (Free).

4th - Run Gracenote to collect music data, allow re-writing.

5th - Check the playlist names, specially for albums. Some names are set to start with "millenium collection series.. etc", so you don't know what the songs's name, there just not enough display room.

6th - Make sure music is NOT playing, got to playlists, long-press chosen playlist, "enqueue", repeat until all is chosen, go to "now playing" tab, then press play.

7th - Write Email to Sony customer care and tell them it's a real shame that a legendary name like "Walkman", the embodiment of portable music, is given to a piece of software so incomplete. We need a folder viewer and browser, and a playlist editor that supports "playlist by folder".

Have a good one.

Corvus9

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I havnt downloaded 'my playlist' yet, is that a must as I couldn't get Albums to enqueue, only individual songs.

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't downloaded 'my playlist' yet, is that a must

No. It just makes life easier. No one has to emulate what I do, I merely detailed how I make it work for myself. If it works for others, great, but I would never imply any of it as being a "must". There are as many systems to manage tunes as there are people, I guess.

To me, directories work best to keep the music concretely organized (Before anyone chimes in about it; Yes it requires duplicate files here and there, big deal... Storage is cheap). Playlists are an ephemeral way to get them to play in order, but useless for organizing, because changing the storage folder or it's name breaks them and many devices won't properly handle playlists on other devices over networks. Most devices support folder based playback, so I only use playlists as a band-aid solution on my Android devices. The system I use and described above allows me to change my music directories often, and yet, keep my player software's playlist always current the easy way. When I change the music on any Android device, I just delete my playlist folder's content and use the playlist maker to rebuild an up-to-date set, and I'm done.

A 32Gb card is a formated 29Gb of music. It's is a lot of music, but I keep my music in the original CDs' WAV format, so even though it's still quite a few albums (55~60 albums on average), I do change the music on these devices rather frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance