Are you able to take the Sony Xperia Z to the beach? Cause we go to the beach a lot and want to take pics.My sister is scared it will float in the water and the sand will scratch the screen. Please answer she really wants to take the phone to the beach

Posted via Android Central App
    07-05-2013 06:05 PM
    Are you able to take the Sony Xperia Z to the beach? Cause we go to the beach a lot and want to take pics.My sister is scared it will float in the water and the sand will scratch the screen. Please answer she really wants to take the phone to the beach

Taking it to the beach should be ok if you are careful. Sand can scratch the screen if she doesn't have a high grade screen protector on her phone.

I would not allow for the phone to float in water, I don't think it is designed to "go swimming" but can withstand drops into water, rain, etc.

Have fun!
    07-05-2013 06:22 PM
    Yes we went to goa(india) a coupla weeks ago & did some photos underwater at the beach & u cant save it from sand,if u see the edges of the phone closely,ull notice it has gaps including the earpiece mesh & bottom mic mesh.so the deal is,the sand gets in there but doesnt harm the set.u need to rinse it later with tap water & if need be,remove stuck sand with air spray(room temp) dont use a hot air blow dryer,it might damage it.otherwise the set is gud to go on a beach.

Sent from my C6602 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-06-2013 05:21 AM
    Yes we went to goa(india) a coupla weeks ago & did some photos underwater at the beach & u cant save it from sand,if u see the edges of the phone closely,ull notice it has gaps including the earpiece mesh & bottom mic mesh.so the deal is,the sand gets in there but doesnt harm the set.u need to rinse it later with tap water & if need be,remove stuck sand with air spray(room temp) dont use a hot air blow dryer,it might damage it.otherwise the set is gud to go on a beach.

I hope you enjoyed the stay here...i am Calangute.....sounds familier ?

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app
    07-06-2013 06:24 AM
    Yes one of our friends has an apartment in calangute

07-07-2013 06:43 AM
    Yes one of our friends has an apartment in calangute

The Lagoon... ?

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app
    07-07-2013 11:49 AM
    It is my understanding that salt is corrosive. But since the XZ is sealed, it shouldn't matter. It'll be good for the occasional dipping or wading through sea water. Just don't take it scuba-diving or snorkeling.

I would, however, wash it with fresh water after being exposed to the beach. Salt water has this tendency to form salt crystals when left to dry and these could get trapped in the phone's orifices (speakers, mic, etc.). Could be nothing... could be bad. Best just to wash it whenever possible.
    07-07-2013 11:32 PM
    Oh, So Where I live is near a lake, Which is fresh water.So its okay in fresh water?

07-08-2013 10:40 PM