No Turn-by-turn Voice Instructions during Maps Navigation

ElegantBird

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I get no sound at all from Maps during navigation - total silence. :(
I have tried setting the voice synthesis to USA and UK voices, with identical results.
The voice samples in Settings do work.
Voice muting is not active in Maps.
Can't find any other setting which might be causing this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
EB

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I get no sound at all from Maps during navigation - total silence. :(
I have tried setting the voice synthesis to USA and UK voices, with identical results.
The voice samples in Settings do work.
Voice muting is not active in Maps.
Can't find any other setting which might be causing this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
EB

For some reason the voice volume is all the way down by default. You have to hit the volume up rocker right at a point where you know the voice is speaking, like right at the very beginning. This will adjust the voice volume. If you hit the rocker at times when the voice is not speaking then the rocker adjust the ringer volume. Also, when in navigation mode, the menu option has a setting to mute/unmute voice guidance. Check that to make sure it's not muted.

rseifer

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Cloak--thanks a million for this tip. I've been screwing around for the last two hours, including a short shopping trip, trying to figure out why I couldn't get an audible tone on the nav app. I was stupefied when I tried your tip, and I'll be damned if that didn't get it resolved. I hope I don't forget this the next (far off) time I attempt to use the navigator again. Many, many thanks. Ralph L. Seifer, Long Beach, California.

Naaltonen

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm still failing to get voice instructions to work :(

I have tried re-installing Maps, checked that mute is not enabled, and tried to increase the volume at the beginning when there should be voice instructions. I can see a different symbol, a volume symbol instead of a phone receiver symbol when doing so, so I guess I got the timing right - but still no instructions. The only thing that I got during a 30-km drive was "GPS signal lost" which I got twice. But noting else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital