Xperia Z1 Compact: Arrived today! Ask me anything

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Got it today! So I will be playing with it this evening. If you have any questions feel free!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Arrived today! Ask me anything

Got it today! So I will be playing with it this evening. If you have any questions feel free!

How's it feel?

What phones have you had prior for reference?

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I have an Xperia S, before that a Q10, Milestone 2.

It has a very nice weight, some might say heavy but I think it makes it feel premium, Materials feel nice in the hand etc :) Lovely!

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Assuming you've used an iPhone 5, how would you say it compares with an iPhone 5/5s in terms of the feel and one-handed use?

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Assuming you've used an iPhone 5, how would you say it compares with an iPhone 5/5s in terms of the feel and one-handed use?

Well I have used my friends as I don't like them personally. I would say it is probably better for one handed use as it's not as tall and the power button is on the side. I would say in terms of quality and feel, they are very similar and being biased I would go with the Sony. Must be good quality to be water proof haha

slick2404

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

That's awesome! I'm looking forward to checking out your review - are you going to post pictures taken with the Z1C?

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't planning on doing a "review" but I will list good and bad points, can take some pictures and post up too. I haven't started using it as my main phone yet, still using the Xperia S. I want to root it so I can copy app data to it and use some of my root apps :)

Good points:
  • Very very fast, installed 80 apps one after another as fast as I could tap, no slow down, by the time I pressed "install" on the last app they were done.
  • Solid build quality and premium feel
  • Camera seems good!
  • Battery life seems great although I havent properly tested it

Bad points:
  • The back gets lots of finger prints
  • It seems to attract dust but it is dust proof which is good!
  • Rooting at the moment requires an unlocked bootloader which will delete the drm keys forever, Can't back them up without root. So need to wait a little while to be able to root with a locked bootloader.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have an Xperia S, before that a Q10, Milestone 2.

It has a very nice weight, some might say heavy but I think it makes it feel premium, Materials feel nice in the hand etc :) Lovely!

Throw up some comparison pics!

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Here are a few: The screens are the same size but you get less on the Z1C because the S has hardware buttons, the Z1C is smaller than the S though.
_IGP4541_v1.jpg

_IGP4542_v1.jpg

_IGP4543_v1.jpg

_IGP4544_v1.jpg

_IGP4545_v1.jpg

_IGP4546_v1.jpg

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Since unfortunately Sony insists in not using Gorilla Glass and uses those screen protectors...how's the screen protector? Can you tell if the Sony branding is printed on it as it is in the Z1 or engraved in the phone as in the Xperia T?

And how's the IPS screen? People normally complain about "viewing angles" so I wonder if the IPS screen has improved on that.

Also, can we put a quick toggle for the screen rotation in Sony's 4.3, thus sparing us the Settings -> Display -> etc routine?

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I havent noticed really, you can tell there is one on there if you look closely. I thought it was scratch resistant glass anyway as the Xperia S had a screen protector on and I removed it, didnt scratch at all.
Also auto rotate toggle is available as a quick toggle.

dannywalls76

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Did you get the Movies Unlimited free movies through the Xperia Privelege app?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

It does have a LED, about 1 - 2 cm strip along the top. Havent tried that app and the tom tom app appears when I search for it in the Play store. No I didn't just a blank screen so I removed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance