Similar Phones

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a new phone but it also looks like I am going to travel to Germany and be there for a 4-6 years and also do some traveling in other areas around there.

From the searches I have done so far this seems to be pretty much the only universal 3g, 4g and 4g lte phone that exists. It seems to support pretty much every frequency used in north america and europe. It is also far more expensive than I really want to spend but so far I have not found much else.

For europe it looks like I would need 4G 3, 7 and 20 and the usa tmobile is on 4. It looks like it also supports all the 3G frequencies I could run into.

I have to admit it is an amazing phone overall I was just hoping that someone here might know of something with similar network capabilities.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the Nexus 5 meet all of the requirements? There's only one model, but it supports a wide range of bands and is compatible with either GSM or CDMA carriers. It's also quite a bit cheaper than the Xperia Z1C :)

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
It is kind of sad overall on that one. The north american version misses the 1800 lte band (3) and the international versions misses 1700 (4) that tmobile uses. It also looks like it is only very slightly cheaper than the Xperia phone and geeze I wish google would put a sdcard in their phones so I could take my music collection with me.

Thank you for the suggestion though. That is not a phone I had looked at yet. Right now I have about 20 GB of music and when I finish encoding a few more of my cds that will go up to about 30GB.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It is kind of sad overall on that one. The north american version misses the 1800 lte band (3) and the international versions misses 1700 (4) that tmobile uses. It also looks like it is only very slightly cheaper than the Xperia phone and geeze I wish google would put a sdcard in their phones so I could take my music collection with me.

Thank you for the suggestion though. That is not a phone I had looked at yet. Right now I have about 20 GB of music and when I finish encoding a few more of my cds that will go up to about 30GB.
Ah, OK. And are all of those bands going to be used where you're going?
Shame that it doesn't have enough storage. Do you really need all of your music with you at any given time? I have about 700MB which is around 250 songs. I don't think I ever listen to more than 50 songs on a trip, let alone the whole 250, or in your case thousands :p

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't need all the ones on the xperia z1 by a long shot. Just 3 7 20 and 4 for 4G but I can't seem to find any phone other than the xperia that has all 4 of those. Usually you will find a phone that has 4 or one that has 3 7 and 20.

The USA Nexus 5 only has 20 and 4 on that list and the international version only has 3 7 and 20 on that list.

I could cut my music down so it would fit on a Nexus easier just annoying to change songs fairly often when you can get a 64GB sdcard for $30. It also seems like the cheapest Nexus 5 is only about $60 cheaper than the Xperia and the $60 difference loses a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma