Can I get some help rooting my Xperia Z1 compact?

naullsy1985

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Rooting xperia z1 compact

Hi

I'm looking into rooting my xperia z1 compact but am a bit overwhelmed by the whole process. I have been on to XDA developers site but as this is my first Android device I am not that confident as I do not want to brick my phone. So I have a few questions before I decide to go ahead.

What will I achieve by rooting my device?

What should I do to avoid bricking my phone?

Is rooting easy enough for a newbie to follow?

Does anyone know any links that are easy to follow?

Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rooting xperia z1 compact

You can basically run root level apps on your device. These apps basically remove all safety features and can command your phone at a root level. You can delete the bloatware on your device as well as getting apps which allow you to do more with your phone. However, if your a person who doesn't really tweak around much with their phone and only uses it for the normal day to day use, then I suggest you don't go for any root privileges.

You should follow the guide completely and always go through the guide once fully, understanding each term used in it before you actually start implementing the steps on your device.

It can be somewhat easy for a newbie to follow as it depends upon the method and guide you're following.

You can Google the
[D550X] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z1 Compact XDA guide or simply use Towel Root (Google it, it's by Geohot). I would suggest trying to use Towel Root first though as it's far safer.

naullsy1985

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Rooting xperia z1 compact

Since I have had my Android device all I have done is tweak with the phone. Been messing around with all kinds of custom launchers, and love the idea of tweaking my phone . I suppose I have become a bit bored of just custom launchers and want a bit more. Before I had a iPhone and I jailbreaked it and found it relatively easy. So far I have just found rooting a bit more complex.
thanks for the advice, I'm going to Google what you said and and look a bit further into it. I read about towel root last nite. Will that work on the z1 compact? And what's the difference between the towel root and got regular root??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21