Z1 compact battery issues

Loui Lebeco

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My z1 compact is just a month old and this is my first smartphone to have. Is it normal for my phone to last less than a day with my mobile data being used alot and playing game(samurai siege specifically) too? I have to charge it everyday. It seems the battery life that others enjoyed from the reviews I read is different from what I got. Replies will be a great help for me Sirs/Ma'am s. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery life depends on a lot of factors. Some of the most important factors include total screen-on time (which averages around 4-5 hours for the typical battery), CPU usage (especially by complex games), and poor cell signal (which makes the phone's radios work harder to get a signal).

It would help to see screenshots of your battery stats. Show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (showing total Awake time and Cell Signal Strength.
3. The Screen category, showing total Screen On time.
4. The Cell Standby category (if present), showing Time without Signal.

Here's a guide on posting screenshots: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

naullsy1985

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I use my z1 compact moderately throughout the day. Checking social media apps a few times a day, watching a few you tube videos, browsing the Web, maybe half a dozen calls and messages, checking emails twice a day and I usually end up with about 65% by the time I go to sleep. I usually get 15 hours and only use up about 35%.
I have stamina mode on all day, vibrate off, I've disabled all stock apps I don't use, and auto sync turned off. I find keeping location turned on is a killer. So I keep that off and just turn it on when I use Google maps.
But like the fella said above the best way for someone to help is to take some screenshots and at least then someone can get more of an idea of what's going on. Hope this helped

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's a start. But wait until you've charged up to 100%, then discharged down to 20-30% after normal usage (without recharging in between), and then post the screenshots I suggested above.

Specifically, to get the fullscreen battery graph, tap the smaller graph in your second screenshot.
Tap the Screen category and Cell Standby category to get the details I mentioned before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, those screenshots are at 100% charge. Wait until the battery has gone down to 20-30% with regular usage, without recharging at any time. Then show us the screenshots.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's more helpful. But we still need to see the main Settings>Battery screen to see the breakdown of % battery usage by app/service, as well as the individual Screen and Cell Standby categories.

Loui Lebeco

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
And my phone at 100% only said that it will last for only a day unlike before it was 2 days or more.

I'll just post tomorrow another screenshot of my phone readings with 20% battery remaining.
Thank you for your responses Sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol