Z1 Compact or Z3 Compact?

swindontim

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I can get the Z1 Compact on contract pretty cheaply - is it worth paying more for the Z3 Compact? I can see that the Z3 Compact is a great phone, but the specs for the Z1 Compact are still excellent. Any input gratefully received...

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen both in person? The z1 compacts screen was a little too tiny for me. Sort of squinty. If that doesn't matter to you and you want to save the Dough, go for it! I do think the z3 compact is the better device but I also bought a z2 over the z3 because the differences weren't huge and I wanted to save money. Good luck with your decision!

FLX Apps

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, if it's too late, well: I'm a proud owner of a z1 compact and pretty happy. As far as I know, there are no really big differences between the z1c and the z3c and it's difficult to say, if it's worth, but still the z3c seems to be more sophisticated, as the z1c is the prototype and the z3c the "final version". The main differences are: more battery life (always important), a greater screen size (while the phone's size stayed the same - for me not so important) and the processor is a bit better (yet, it does not really count a lot, I guess).

Well, what I am trying to tell is, that one can be happy with the z1c, because it's a really great phone, but the z3c has the current hype and is more sophisticated and, to be honest, I'd wanted to try it on my own, too. But I think, if you find a good deal for a z1c, you should take it.

techpie

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I got z1c very early this year and honestly it's the best smartphone i've ever had. I am not sure of the difference between z1c - z2c - z3c , as I think z2 and z3 were released very quickly after eachother but z1c is still really good. Personally I think you should evaluate based on the price/deal you are getting.

TheRoundCross

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't know, if it's too late, well: I'm a proud owner of a z1 compact and pretty happy. As far as I know, there are no really big differences between the z1c and the z3c and it's difficult to say, if it's worth, but still the z3c seems to be more sophisticated, as the z1c is the prototype and the z3c the "final version". The main differences are: more battery life (always important), a greater screen size (while the phone's size stayed the same - for me not so important) and the processor is a bit better (yet, it does not really count a lot, I guess).

Well, what I am trying to tell is, that one can be happy with the z1c, because it's a really great phone, but the z3c has the current hype and is more sophisticated and, to be honest, I'd wanted to try it on my own, too. But I think, if you find a good deal for a z1c, you should take it.
You forgot to mention the lack of barometer in z1c whilst in z3c it there is.
It can be useful in some situations (I saw an application that a developer developed to simulate new iPhone's 3D touch using barometer at all).

For common-daily use... As other said and imo too, z1c is simply wonderful.