Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Xperia Z1 will be available in the US. Or more specifically, will it be on AT&T (I'm locked in with a family plan...)? And when?

How does such information get released? I guess I was surprised not to hear anything about it yet.

Thanks!
    09-18-2013 04:10 PM
    I can't say I know but I'm very impressed by what I've seen from Sony so I'd like to see it on AT&T. I'd start by looking at which US carriers have the Xperia Z. I believe TMobile does. I'd love to see AT&T get it, we can be pretty sure that Verizon won't. Sprint? Hmmm....
    09-19-2013 05:15 AM
    The best I've seen on the internet regarding the possibility of the Z1 being released in the USA is an older FCC application back in the end of July that didn't show any of the AT&T LTE radios in it. So most likely it won't be coming to AT&T any time soon.

I honestly was hoping that Sony would release it here through their store and have AT&T radios like they did with the ZL.
    09-19-2013 10:10 AM
    T-Mobile in six months. Sony problem is getting out to USA market.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    09-19-2013 10:12 AM
    From what I understand, it will most likely hit T-Mobile and no other US carrier. Furthermore, there will not be an unlocked version with LTE for the US.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2013 10:30 AM
    If that is true this is saddening. I was on the fence between the ZL and Z1. With this kind of history I may just go ahead and get the ZL for now while it's on sale. I'm on AT&T and don't want to lose my LTE
    09-19-2013 12:03 PM
    From what I understand, it will most likely hit T-Mobile and no other US carrier. Furthermore, there will not be an unlocked version with LTE for the US.

Any link for this information

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One
    09-23-2013 03:25 PM
    Any link for this information

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One
    No. Just information I received from various sources that I believe to be credible. However, it is entirely possible that this is incorrect. It is in Sony's court but I'm pretty disappointed as a consumer. This is either the carriers fault or Sony's. I'd like to know which and why.

09-24-2013 05:11 PM
    The device is sold unlocked via a couple e-tailers (I bought mine through GSM Nation) with LTE compatibility for T-Mobile. Reportedly AT&T's LTE compatibility is limited. No US carrier has announced plans to carry the device to date. According to rumors, the Z2 is scheduled to be unveiled at CIS, so they might decide to skip this cycle and focus on releasing the Z2. Either way, Sony announced their intention to expand their reach in the US market. It's only a matter of time.
    10-01-2013 12:21 PM
    I've read the if you want LTE with this device for At&t you need the C6906 which supports At&t 700 Lte band. Otherwise it does support hspa+
    10-08-2013 04:59 PM
    Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Xperia Z1 will be available in the US. Or more specifically, will it be on AT&T (I'm locked in with a family plan...)? And when?

How does such information get released? I guess I was surprised not to hear anything about it yet.

Thanks!
    I bought an unlocked Z1 and it worked fine with my brothers ATT sim card.
    11-08-2013 08:22 PM
    If that is true this is saddening. I was on the fence between the ZL and Z1. With this kind of history I may just go ahead and get the ZL for now while it's on sale. I'm on AT&T and don't want to lose my LTE
    It works fine on ATT, I tried it out.
    11-08-2013 08:24 PM