I saw some articles today saying Sony's US online store is now carrying the Xperia Z1, and after checking to be sure all the necessary bands are covered for T-Mobile I ordered a purple one. Looks like it ships tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking it out when it gets here! It'll be replacing an HTC One if I end up keeping it.

Anyone else ordering one for the US now that's officially available?

Oh, and forgot to mention it was only $649, so a little cheaper than I thought it would be!
    10-15-2013 02:32 PM
    Cool; let us know what you like /dislike about the phone. I am thinking about this, the G2 or Moto-X. $649?? in Canada they are asking $749

I saw some articles today saying Sony's US online store is now carrying the Xperia Z1, and after checking to be sure all the necessary bands are covered for T-Mobile I ordered a purple one. Looks like it ships tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking it out when it gets here! It'll be replacing an HTC One if I end up keeping it.

Anyone else ordering one for the US now that's officially available?

Oh, and forgot to mention it was only $649, so a little cheaper than I thought it would be!
    10-15-2013 05:32 PM
    Yeah that's a bit more expensive. Given current exchange rates 649 USD is about 675 CAD.

I keep going back and forth on how much no LTE bothers me and come close to canceling and trying the G2 instead, but I love the look of the purple xperias (so tacky yet so different yet so interesting).

According to my order e-mail it should ship tomorrow. If it does then I'll try it out, if not my urge to walk into a t-mo store and pick up a G2 instead to try out immediately may win out....

We'll see.
    10-15-2013 08:03 PM
    According to sony, its only pre orders for now. I pre ordered mine today and she said its pre orders only and no shipping details at this time. I wont get charged until it ships. This is from their sony website btw
    10-17-2013 04:57 PM
    I actually ended up canceling my order anyways because I only realized this was an HSPA+ only phone, no LTE the next day after I'd ordered. At first I thought HSPA+ would be fine, but when I ran speed tests on my current phone I saw that LTE in my area is about twice as fast now as HSPA+ so I decided to hold off until T-Mobile officially carries the phone, and according to what I'm reading they'll have the LTE capable model.
    10-17-2013 09:05 PM
    I am cancelling mine as well, the rep also told me it might ship before thanksgiving....
    10-17-2013 10:54 PM
    When I first ordered the e-mail I received had an estimated shipping date of 16-October! And, wow, she couldn't say anything better than 'before thanksgiving'?!?! By then the nexus 5 will be out, and who knows what else. Between releasing a non-LTE variant, and the long lead to shipping times in the Sony US store It seems they don't really care to have this sell well in the US.
    10-18-2013 06:53 AM
    Update: Decided to try out the LG G2.....after a hesitant start I'm warming up to it really quickly and liking it very very much! To be forum-polite I'll switch over to that forum I suppose but if any of you are interested in details let me know....still getting to know it but enthusiastic thumbs up at the moment.
    10-18-2013 07:07 PM
    How is the GPS on the G2? I heard that some people are having issues

Update: Decided to try out the LG G2.....after a hesitant start I'm warming up to it really quickly and liking it very very much! To be forum-polite I'll switch over to that forum I suppose but if any of you are interested in details let me know....still getting to know it but enthusiastic thumbs up at the moment.
    10-18-2013 08:05 PM
    How is the GPS on the G2? I heard that some people are having issues
    I downloaded a GPS status app and it found 2 satellites almost instantly and had 6 satellites in about 3 seconds so that's an encouraging sign. Some of my previous phones would take much much longer, so at least initially it's looking very positive in that regard.
    mount.zed likes this.
    10-18-2013 10:22 PM
    I am on Tmobile and ordered the 6902. The lady didnt know when it would ship, but in the confirmation email it had an estimated ship date for the following date. I ended up returning it as its not LTE capable. Waste of money if you ask me. I ended purchasing the LTE version from Amazon.
    10-28-2013 08:50 PM