Galaxy Note 3 or Xperia Z1

jamielkl

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Need your expeeeeeert advise.

Galaxy Note 3 or Xperia Z1?
any current note 3 and Z1 users, please share whats the problems you facing now.

I'm currently using note 1 and what i hate bout it besides slow is their text prediction is always wrong! wonder is it my singlish which causing this trouble

thank you

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
They are both excellent devices.

If you have the Note 1, the Note 3 might be a better option for you since you are already used to the Samsung UI, although a lot has changed. I'd suggest going to your local carrier's store and trying both out, deciding which one you like better. If you can't decide, get one, use it for the grace period, and then return it and try the other.

jessie1775

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Need your expeeeeeert advise.

Galaxy Note 3 or Xperia Z1?
any current note 3 and Z1 users, please share whats the problems you facing now.

I'm currently using note 1 and what i hate bout it besides slow is their text prediction is always wrong! wonder is it my singlish which causing this trouble

thank you

I have both. Go with the Note 3. I just bought my Z1 and its a pos. I already updated firmware and still heating up and wasting battery like it was possesed.

gdigenis

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have both. Go with the Note 3. I just bought my Z1 and its a pos. I already updated firmware and still heating up and wasting battery like it was possesed.

I had a z1 that was getting hot with light usage and poor battery life and I swapped it out for a new one and 2nd unit is much better. Runs cool and battery life is good. Big difference

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Plantar_reflex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I got a Z1 after having lived with a Nexus 4 for 6 months. It's a great little device though if you wanted a hatchet job, I'd point out:

- Not a great screen
- Still 4.2.2
- It's big, like crazy big, definitely not a one-hander
- It's got a glass back. Can we stop with this nonsense, people?

The pluses (which for me are much more important)
- It's waterproof - I thought this would be a novelty, but being able to wash my phone after a shift at work is crazy handy.
- Physical camera button, handy for underwater shots.
- Long battery life - I can get 2 days of moderate use using the STAMINA mode form a single charge
- Sony skinning is the least offensive skin job a manufacturer has put on android, in my opinion. It gives you neat extras (such as the power management options) with the least deviation from stock.

Ariozo

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I got both and even if i really like N3 i would go for z1 now after use them for a while. I did even use my n3 as my daily work phone bit did replace it after a while with the G2 as it was lighter and could do what I need. But between z1 and N3 i would go z1 because for me personally i think z1 beats them all in premium feeling and build quality. And TW this days is so bloated and eat upp resources. But that is just what I think and all think different tho..:)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jessie1775

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a z1 that was getting hot with light usage and poor battery life and I swapped it out for a new one and 2nd unit is much better. Runs cool and battery life is good. Big difference

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

I reset and reinstalled the firmware update and the problems that I mentioned seem to have been resolved. Im loving this phone. I purchased a N5 for comparison and sent it back today. The N5 feels cheap compared to my Z1

jessie1775

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I got a Z1 after having lived with a Nexus 4 for 6 months. It's a great little device though if you wanted a hatchet job, I'd point out:

- Not a great screen
- Still 4.2.2
- It's big, like crazy big, definitely not a one-hander
- It's got a glass back. Can we stop with this nonsense, people?

The pluses (which for me are much more important)
- It's waterproof - I thought this would be a novelty, but being able to wash my phone after a shift at work is crazy handy.
- Physical camera button, handy for underwater shots.
- Long battery life - I can get 2 days of moderate use using the STAMINA mode form a single charge
- Sony skinning is the least offensive skin job a manufacturer has put on android, in my opinion. It gives you neat extras (such as the power management options) with the least deviation from stock.
It is not that big. Do you have tiny hands? Sony say 4.3 will be out next month. The screen is awesome.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I almost went with the Note 3. This phone looks much nicer, seemed zippier than the note 3 I tested, but the cruncher for me is the gingerbread elements Samsung still uses inside much of their software. I couldn't tolerate that for a year

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have both and love both.

Xperia Z1 - I think this phone is really under-rated. Very premium build and beautiful phone. Wish it got more attention out here in the US.
  • Excellent build quality - it makes the HTC One and iPhone 5s look cheap
  • Takes really good photos. I don't know what the critics are complaining about. They suck at taking photos
  • Screen is kind of dark out of the box, just increase the brightness and it looks fantastic
  • You may not like the video performance and will look pretty bad- go to Settings -> Display -> Turn Off X-Reality and life will be good again
  • Screen looks washed out at a different angle. It's not a big a deal as some people make it. Rare situations you are going to use the phone crooked!
  • Fast performance thanks to the Snapdragon 800 - no lag
  • As close to stock Android as it gets - Sony doesn't butcher the OS like Samsung does
  • Magnetic charging is really cool. Think MagSafe
  • Water resistant! If your phone gets dirty, just wash it in the sink!

Galaxy Note 3 - "Infinite" storage, replaceable battery and fast USB charging. this phone is a monster and a great travel companion or a great tool for the road warrior.
  • Gorgeous screen, really bright and easy to read on
  • It's not heavy and is lighter than the Z1
  • The weight is distributed very well so it feels light
  • S-Pen is very well executed
  • Excellent performance thanks to Snapdragon 800 AND 3GB RAM
  • Apps2SD works really well. Feels like you have infinite storage and never have to worry about space on top of the 32GB Internal Memory!
  • Camera could be better. Not as good as the S4 but it still takes good photos
  • TouchWiz isn't THAT bad but can be a dealbreaker. Just install Nova Launcher
  • Thin design - have no problem fitting this in my pocket. I wear men's pant size 33W, 30L
  • Combined with the iPad Air, i can get anything done ANYWHERE. Who cares about the Retina iPad Mini?
  • Rapid USB 3.0 charging, backwards compatible with micro USB
  • Replaceable battery is always a plus

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not easily. Both are compelling phones. It's only "easily" if you happen to prefer one over the other. That's a personal choice, I would never suggest that either is "easily" the best because neither phone is inherently better than the other on it's own aside from user preference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not easily. Both are compelling phones. It's only "easily" if you happen to prefer one over the other. That's a personal choice, I would never suggest that either is "easily" the best because neither phone is inherently better than the other on it's own aside from user preference.

I disagree. The S-Pen offers a versatility and a usability the Z1 can't match as well as more powerful hardware, a removable battery, and expandable storage.

G Pad 8.3

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. The S-Pen offers a versatility and a usability the Z1 can't match as well as more powerful hardware, a removable battery, and expandable storage.

G Pad 8.3

More powerful hardware by 1gb of ram to match a larger device. Also the z1 is blazingly fast in all tasks with 2gb. Everything else you listed is your own personal preferences just like I said. Are you suggesting we all must prefer those options just because you do?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
More powerful hardware by 1gb of ram to match a larger device. Also the z1 is blazingly fast in all tasks with 2gb. Everything else you listed is your own personal preferences just like I said. Are you suggesting we all must prefer those options just because you do?

The OP asked for either or advise (which can only be opinions). I'm confident he or she can recognize the opinions he or she has solicited.

G Pad 8.3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Which opinion did I render as fact? Just curious. I often omit the statement, "In my opinion" so as not to patronize the reader by assuming they can't recognize an opinion without having it pointed out to them. However, perhaps I'm taking too much insight for granted.

G Pad 8.3

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Which opinion did I render as fact? Just curious. I often omit the statement, "In my opinion" so as not to patronize the reader by assuming they can't recognize an opinion without having it pointed out to them. However, perhaps I'm taking too much insight for granted.

G Pad 8.3

I'm not one of the gals you hang out with and exchange veiled insults with or your boyfriend so you can spare me the catty line in the last sentence of that post.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not one of the gals you hang out with and exchange veiled insults with or your boyfriend so you can spare me the catty line in the last sentence of that post.

Chicks, lol.

Not a veiled insult or an insult in any way. The fact that we're having this exchange shows I may have been taking the nature to recognize an opinion for granted. We simply don't all make the same assumptions that one might. I should remain cognizant of that. Not sure how that was interpreted as a veiled insult or "catty line" but such is the way of the internet.

G Pad 8.3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63