Sony Xperia Z1 - Earpiece Audio

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Generally Sony has great audio processors in their products and I use my phone as the main source of music through my 3.5mm jack. Cab Anyone out there tellme how it sounds compared to Lg g2 and Samsung? Im asking about the z1s for tmobile

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I had an LG G2 and once I tweaked the audio settings I think my Z1s is noticeably better.

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the G2, Sony is said to have the better hardware. While Sony is not the very best, The latest Xperia devices with Snapdragons are typically rated in the top 5 list of most serious sound reviews I've seen. LG is cited in a few of these reviews in the "stay away" category.

Sound is very subjective, though. For what it's worth, I'm quite fussy about music and sound quality, and love how my Xperia sounds. I use Neutron music player. (Paid, Limited Eval version available) and typically use Sennheiser head-cans for playback with my Xperia.

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not impressed with the audio on my Z1s. Out of the box it's very thin and tinny. Fiddling with the equalizer helps a bit, but I get far better audio from my Moto X. Not even close to iPhone 5 or my Lumia 928.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow I'm surprised its worse than moto x because I think the sounds is horrible on the motox really the only thing I don't like about the moto x

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Quality of sound is a VERY subjective evaluation. I was concerned about sound quality too and I went into a TMo store today and asked if I could checkout a Z1s even though I couldn't buy it until Wednesday. The rep was helpful and brought out what I believe was there training unit. Plugged in my Klipsch S4's and listened. I thought the sound with the stock player was fine, good enough for me to ask the rep if he could hold a unit for me. Since it was music I wasn't familiar with, time will tell. I really need to get Poweramp on the phone and test with music I am familiar with.

I do know that I haven't found a phone yet that sounds better than my Cowon dedicated media player. My 2 cents!