Xperia Z1 screen turns completely negative

TechNewb

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys :)
Day before yesterday, I went to the swimming pool and even though everything was firmly shut, some water got into the sim card and sd card slots, along with some condensation on both cameras.
As a result, I kept everything in rice overnight and all the water went by the next morning. As I turned my screen on, a bluish tint spread across the whole thing, and started flickering while I was on the lock screen. I turned it off and later in the evening when I checked it, it was normal for a few seconds after which the same thing happened. It gradually worsened.
As of now, the WHOLE screen is negative, and there is no option in the Accessibility section to reverse it, if that is the problem.
Nothing else is wrong and I restored my phone to factory settings, with no change.
Please help.

Karsai David

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys :)
Day before yesterday, I went to the swimming pool and even though everything was firmly shut, some water got into the sim card and sd card slots, along with some condensation on both cameras.
As a result, I kept everything in rice overnight and all the water went by the next morning. As I turned my screen on, a bluish tint spread across the whole thing, and started flickering while I was on the lock screen. I turned it off and later in the evening when I checked it, it was normal for a few seconds after which the same thing happened. It gradually worsened.
As of now, the WHOLE screen is negative, and there is no option in the Accessibility section to reverse it, if that is the problem.
Nothing else is wrong and I restored my phone to factory settings, with no change.
Please help.

i had the same problem.insaw the water under my screen and i was to smash my phone to the ground but after 24hours it completly went normal.this was 2months ago and i still dont have any problem with my screen.perfect colors and brightness.you should turn it off.put it down and wait 1or 2 days

Black Knight Rebel

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This JUST happened to me.

It lasted about 2 weeks, and just cleared up yesterday. You'll need to wait this one out and wait for all the moisture to leave your phone which could take a long time. At least now you know this will fix itself!! :) Let me tell you, when I went through this I was having night sweats because I thought I was gonna have to buy a new phone. I'll probably still buy a Z3 compact, but at least I won't have to do it RIGHT NOW lol.

I'll probably buy a Z3 Tablet with LTE when a white version becomes available and then send in my Z1 for a check up. I wonder how the warranty stacks up when I imported an International Z1....:-X

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1