Z1 Issues after Lollipop update

goth1k

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
OK, I updated my Z1 to 5.1.1 rooted and started to experience what seem to be either power issues or memory overflow issues. I'll describe what happens the best I can and hope it will be enough info for you guys to figure out what the problem is.

I can charge my phone to full capacity and if I use a high memory intensive app, e.g Facebook' Chrome or a large game, the phone shuts down around 70-75% battery power. If I switch it straight back on it just powers back off again, but if I leave it for a couple of minutes it will come back on and show 60-70% battery power. And sometimes if I don't connect the charger it puts itself into a boot loop, sometimes getting to the boot image and other times only getting so far as the Sony logo. Also it will, at times, go through the 'Android is Starting...Optimizing Apps' rigmarole, thus losing my WiFi passwords and a few other settings. But other settings and data etc are left intact

I did a little research and came upon a thread stating that it could be a bad system partition and to do a repair through Sony's PC Companion, but alas to no avail. I have also tried the cache wipe trick but that hasn't helped any.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix for it or is it just a case of a dead battery, which it doesn't seem to be due to it only happening when there are high memory usage apps in play.

Thanks in advance

goth1k

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084