Ordered new Xperia Z1S through T-Mobile

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the Z1s will get Kit Kat at some point. However, Sony is still rolling out 4.3 to many of its devices. In fact, the Z1s is one of the first Sony devices to get 4.3 That said, I don't think the bump from 4.3 to 4.4 (kit kat) is that big of a deal since the only device to have the Google Experience launcher (one of the major features of Kit Kat) is the Nexus 5.

My opinion is Sony lags a little behind other companies when it comes to updates.

I hate quoting myself, but, I may have been wrong about Sony's plans for 4.4. Seems they are working hard on their Kit Kat update and Sony is incorporating some very interesting capabilities into their update. Xperia blog just posted a BUNCH of screenshots from Sony's possible 4.4 release. How much of this will make it to the Z1, don't know. Anyway, here's the link: Exclusive sneak peek at the Xperia KitKat UI for the Sony D6503 ‘Sirius’ | Xperia Blog

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
OK ??
If it has a screen protector on it already, is ok to put a skinomi or other good protector. Does the one on it suffice??

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
void smoid lol. Never had warranty work done on any phones in the last 9 years... insurance on the other hand I've used a few times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
OK ??
If it has a screen protector on it already, is ok to put a skinomi or other good protector. Does the one on it suffice??

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk

Copied this from an Xperia support forum:

Re: Z1 Screen protector, once again.
Options
November

The film its an anti-shatter film (ASF) its not scratch resistant, you can apply an extra scratch resistant film on top, if you remove the ASF you will remove the Sony logo and you will void your warranty, this film it is not sold separately.

Some also mentioned that the anti-shatter film scratches easily. Personally, I'm going to pretend it isn't there a put another screen protector on.

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Copied this from an Xperia support forum:

Some also mentioned that the anti-shatter film scratches easily. Personally, I'm going to pretend it isn't there a put another screen protector on.

I m going to do the same. Skinomi will have them available Feb 13 on amazon. They also have a back skin for it. Just search skinomi for Sony xperia z1s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I just came back from 2 stores and the jump program is not working...Manager is to call me tomorrow..I am not happy!!! I am eligible and even verify it on the phone T-Mobile. They don't know what I s wrong. Both stores claim that I am the first to come in for the jump program. Did I say I was very ticked off!!!!😬😬😬😬😬

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up this morning and gotta say I don't think the sound bad at all. It is considerably better then the Moto X that I just traded in from sprint!

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
void smoid lol. Never had warranty work done on any phones in the last 9 years... insurance on the other hand I've used a few times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Insurance would probably deny the claim as removing the screen protector would be considered altering the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I hope they can resolve the issue, soon, I also gave it a try for jump program after found out it's included insurance and I can take it off anytime.

Please update your situation! I'm very curious!

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Welp, I made the jump from Big Red to T-Mobile yesterday and snagged the Z1S. Coming from a GS3, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm blown away by how much more responsive this thing is. The 4G LTE is awesome. I'm loving life right now. I'm getting used to the overall feel of the phone, Samsung really nailed in the hand feel but the Z1S is feeling better the more i fondle it.

I was also the first guy to get a Z1S in my local T-mobile store (the only one in town lol.) Awesome phone, no regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12