Sony Xperia Z1s Battery - WOW!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! So, because of some strange and crippling signal issues with my Nexus 5 within the 14 day T-Mobile return window, I returned the phone and decided to purchase the Z1s after reading the phenomenal review Android Central. The Nexus 5 was a great device, and I do miss certain things about it (the simplicity of stock Android, the OIS, the Wireless Charging). One thing I didn't like, however, was the battery. I was getting about 10-11 hours of moderate usage, with 2 hours screen one time.

So, fast-forward to the Z1s. Today was my first day out and about with the phone. I charged it yesterday (to 96%, not a full charge), and used it since then. I have never done any power cycles, never charged the phone to full, and did not activate any power saving features (like Stamina Mode). And, quite simply put, the results are shockingly incredible. Now, there are probably better batteries out there, but this blows my recent phones way out of the water (Galaxy Nexus and Droid DNA on VZW, Nexus 5 on T-Mobile). I am so pleasantly surprised with the battery life, and if anyone wants an Android device that offers some longevity, this is definitely a great option. But, as they say, pictures speak louder than words, so check out these screenshots:

Screenshot_2014-01-25-18-22-52.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-25-18-23-03.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-25-18-23-19.jpg

And this is on the first full day of use! I expect the battery to get even better after running it down and charging it back up a few times. And also, I haven't even begun to explore the Battery Saving Features that come loaded on the device. Anyone else this satisfied with their battery life?

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Im on day 3, currently at 21% after 16+ hours. So awesome, this is with pretty moderate usage. Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree.

Battery life is jaw-droppingly good. Never had a smartphone with battery life as good. It really does change the way you use a phone. Now I'm not paranoid about how much battery YouTube will use, or GPS nagivation will use. I can just use the phone without worrying about it dying on me suddenly.

OP your battery stats actually look a little low to me. I hit 6 hours screen time pretty easily and consistently on my phone.

Last edited:

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am on day 1 of ownership and am also seeing significantly good life so far. I have done nothing to try to save power and am at 8 hours with 58% remaining. I will get a full day out of this without much effort. I might not even turn things off to try to save more juice. Fantastic so far.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Was only able to drain this on the first day. Best battery in a phone I've ever had.

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When I had mine it was slightly better than the iPhone 5S I have. (Which is to say, very very good) I didn't have stamina mode or any of the other battery saving features on, so it was impressive. Now is they could only sort out their display issues, I would hop right back onto the Sony train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surfaday

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I just switched over from a Galaxy S4 and I think the Z1s battery is about 10% better than the S4. Its 10:30pm at my battery is at 28%. And this is with "new phone" usage - trying out things and looking unlocking the screen a lot. I think it will get me through a day just fine after I break it in. I'm very pleased.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using my Z1s in the UAE. It's currently switching back and forth from DU to Etsitlant (spelling). However, I'm losing about 10% per hour. Either way, I love the hardware!

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
the battery life really last long time, now I'm kind of regretting getting second magnetic charger to use it at work.... xD

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
First day at work with phone. Not heavily used because I was working.... My S3 would have been around 20% by now even with the light usage...
a4ananu9.jpg

This is crazy good for me vs my S3.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1s on Tapatalk

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
i have over a month with the phone, and this is the most i have gotten out of the battery, which is pretty good considering it was with heavy usage, stamina mode was enabled. :D, since i got this phone i no longer worry of it dying on me, its just wonderful.
Screenshot_2014-01-19-11-33-57.jpg

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i have over a month with the phone, and this is the most i have gotten out of the battery, which is pretty good considering it was with heavy usage, stamina mode was enabled. :D, since i got this phone i no longer worry of it dying on me, its just wonderful.
View attachment 102448

Dang, who do you know?? Having it for a month already... ;)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sure thing boss...

Z1 and Z1s are essentially the same phone. One of the models being for the US market (Z1s) and the other for the international market (Z1).

The differences between the two are so minor, there's no point having two different forums for the Z1, and Z1s.

They are the same phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech