LG G2 versus Xperia Z1s

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm a new T-mobile customer who is 1 week into using the LG G2. The phone is 'fine'. It does pretty much all I need it to do, however, the only thing that bugs me is the 'so-so' aesthetics of the device, and how it basically looks like the 1000 other Android phones out there. Has anyone here used the LG G2 then moved to the Z1s and can post some comments on your experience? Are there any plus's or minuses to switching to the Z1s? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on moving to a better experience (prior to my 14-day return policy runs out).

Thanks

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Z1s is just like my LG Optimus G, a big black rectangle slab lol. i'd rather have the G2, nice round and curved

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If the LG G2 was waterproof and had expandable storage, I would of kept mine. I took it back when I found out the Z1S was being released early on the 13th in stead of the 22nd. I have no regrets it's still a very good phone.

I'm still not sure why the Z1 compact got IPS and the more expensive Z1 and Z1S got a cheaper TFT screen. I'm also not sure why they made the phone so big and yet the screen is not that big. I know they made it big for the battery but they could of made the screen bigger too, it had enough to be at least 5.2 inches. Maybe they're saving all these features for the Z2?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well.. the size factor is definitely a concern. I very much doubt the battery has anything to do with the size of the phone (screen in relation to phone dimensions). The LG G2 packs the same big battery in a smaller form factor...along with .2 inch more screen. It seems to me the only selling points are the expandable storage, better camera, and the fact that it's waterproof. I'm just hoping those are enough to outweigh the bigger bezel/bigger phone. Sort of also bugs me that a fully sealed/waterproof phone didn't get wireless charging capability. It would have seemed to be a no-brainer.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Z1s and my son has a G2. Besides what has already been mentioned, I much prefer Sony's skin over LG's, much closer to stock android.

Last edited:

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
When I bought me and my wife's z1s I was gana get the nexus 5 or the g2 the reason I didn't go for the g2 was the skin and no expandable storage the nexus 5 I didn't get because the camera and no expandable storage if it woulda had one of those I woulda got it same goes for g2 then the z1s has looks camera specs the skin is smooth and nice and EXPANDABLE STORAGE...there all great this phone just had all I wanted

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey