4.4 update for the Sony Xperia Z1s

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Saw on the front page earlier this week that the Z1 and variants are getting bumped to 4.4 really soon. I didn't see the Z1s listed but is there any Intel that would suggest we'll get it too?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The Z1s will definitely get Kit Kat, but I think we'll be waiting a little longer. For example, T-Mobile needs to make sure that carrier specific features such as wifi calling work properly on the new software. It's the biggest downside about owning a carrier specific device.

Posted via Android Central App

Steezc

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The Z1s will definitely get Kit Kat, but I think we'll be waiting a little longer. For example, T-Mobile needs to make sure that carrier specific features such as wifi calling work properly on the new software. It's the biggest downside about owning a carrier specific device.

That totally sucks

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I check every day for some news, and haven't found anything yet.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Feel like we have been stranded with a bad *** phone that they consider the red headed step child..

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Feel like we have been stranded with a bad *** phone that they consider the red headed step child..

Eh, doesn't make the phone any less badass. I kinda like being the only one who has one lol.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This isn't good. It's been 5 months and there still isn't any word at all about if this phone, which should have been released with kitkat, is even going to get it! I may just skip this phone and get something else

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This isn't good. It's been 5 months and there still isn't any word at all about if this phone, which should have been released with kitkat, is even going to get it! I may just skip this phone and get something else

It'll definitely get it, just a question of when.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with JB and not in a big hurry to upgrade my Z1s to KitKat given the way KitKat handles SD card storage, or should I say, doesn't allow you to manage SD storage.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
SD card storage doesn't matter to me. I just want compatibility with all updated apps, and hopefully Google wallet support

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
*bump*

i just received an update for the updater application a few days ago. could this be a sign that things are gearing up for the 4.4 update?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
*bump*

i just received an update for the updater application a few days ago. could this be a sign that things are gearing up for the 4.4 update?

Yea, I woke up to that notification a few days ago as well. Hopefully it means the update is coming soon.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Still not 4.4 this is nuts lol

My old htc one m7 is on its second kitkat update.
Why is T-Mobile taking so long to release kitkat for our
Z1s? It has already been certified for over a month now.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513