music on the Z1s

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to transfer my music I bought on the Google play store to the walkman app instead of using the play music app?

Posted via Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but it is not easy. The problem is the file system used by Google Play for storing media files. Google uses some kind of coded file name that prevents other music players from identifying it as a music / MP3 file. Here is how I worked around this situation:

First you need a PC. Then login to your Google account on your PC.

Next, Google has a down loader that allows you to down load your music onto your PC. When you do this, the files are down loaded using a standard MP3 file naming format.

Last step. Connect your phone to the PC and copy the music files from your PC to your phone. Copy the files into the music folder on your phone.

Now you can start the Walkman app, refresh / search for music and Walkman should find them.

Hope this helps.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I find that music folder on my phone? Do I have to create a music folder in a specific location?

When you connect your phone to your computer, you should find (using whatever PC file explorer you use on your PC) android has already created the folder. Just copy your MP3 files to that folder. If you want, you can create your own. I use Poweramp and it doesn't really care where I place the music, it will find it. I use android's music folder just to keep things tidy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs