Xperia Z2: Anyone pre-ordering from clove?

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
looks like you get headphones and speaker for free with a preorder. UK based but they ship worldwide. Never bought an international phone buy looks like the unlocked z2 fully supports tmobile. Expected arrival for pre-orders is April 7th :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone pre-ordering from clove?

I went ahead and did the pre-order as well, since you do not have to give any financial information at this time. So if it is too rich for me, I'll just cancel when they let me know.

Right now it's looking like about $800.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I originally placed my preorder on 2/24. Once I saw the free speaker offer I emailed Clove and they added it to my order. I have never ordered anything from them before but I am very impressed so far.. Very prompt and clear communication. $809 shipped.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

On another forum, someone said it was up for pre-order on the Sony U.S. website. I saw nothing like that when I looked.

Here's a question when ordering from the UK site. Aren't there several models of the Z2? I think in the past that was the case and you had to be careful that you ordered the proper model for coverage in the U.S. If they ship a model that's fine for the UK, even if unlocked, it might not have the proper frequency coverage for U.S. LTE use on AT&T and T-Mobile.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Sony's UK site has had it up for preorder since it's unveiling. The US site won't show until it comes here. The UK model specific Z2 that is up for preorder on Sony's site, Clove and O2 are all the same model and the only model I've seen yet. That model has both of ATT's LTE frequencies.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is from the site.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Networks

UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHzGSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHzLTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)

Now for the life of me I can't find the model number.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with currency exchange but Clove they told me they do not charge VAT to the US and there exVAT price is 458.33 Pounds. Shipping was 17 pounds. My US dollar invoice is for $809.99.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with currency exchange but Clove they told me they do not charge VAT to the US and there exVAT price is 458.33 Pounds. Shipping was 17 pounds. My US dollar invoice is for $809.99.

Yep, this is what they were quoting me. A couple important things to note, though -

They did claim that they do not have the precise pricing yet I believe. So it could change.

Also, as I mentioned above, you do not have to give them any credit card information, so this is a very informal pre-order. I went ahead and did it just so that as soon as it is available, I would have the option.

1iam5mith

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I have ordered from Clove. They are based 12 miles from me, so I am gonna see if I can collect mine from them so I don't have to wait for a courier. And as the official release date is the 1st, hopefully I can collect as soon as they have them in stock :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Just be aware that you may have to pay U.S. Duty tax on the order. Last time I ordered a bass guitar from a UK vendor, Fed Ex ended-up billing me $50.00 USD Duty Tax on a $500.00 purchase, IIRC.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Just be aware that you may have to pay U.S. Duty tax on the order. Last time I ordered a bass guitar from a UK vendor, Fed Ex ended-up billing me $50.00 USD Duty Tax on a $500.00 purchase, IIRC.

Yeah I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order, cause I'm going to go ahead and buy a phone in the next few weeks (hopefully). I am still very interested in getting the Z2 later.

1iam5mith

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Clove have said they might be delaying the purple due to a UK exclusive for the purple z2 with O2 (UK network/carrier). So I am gonna prob get white now.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Im willing to wait a month for a US release unless there wont be one. Gonna preorder now though. $900 is alot. Even if i sell my Iphone itll be alot

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Im willing to wait a month for a US release unless there wont be one. Gonna preorder now though. $900 is alot. Even if i sell my Iphone itll be alot

I suspect it may be more than a month before we can get an official US release Z2. Also, how a device is priced in the UK does not necessarily translate to how it will be priced in the US. Only applies if you buy the device in the UK, then with the current exchange rate, you are screwed.