Xperia Z2: Anyone pre-ordering from clove?

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I preordered from them.
Any of you know what kind of warranty they can offer you?
I located here in the US

I think you'd probably be dealing directly with Sony... Comes with a 2 year warranty. I had to return one once because it was DOA. They sent me a new one.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I think you'd probably be dealing directly with Sony... Comes with a 2 year warranty. I had to return one once because it was DOA. They sent me a new one.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Ya, they said they'd honor the Manufacturer's warranty, but they will not allow me to purchase an extended warranty.
Square Trade will not allow me either.
Looking for a reputable company since I will be paying way too much for the phone already

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased from Handtec it ended up being $35 cheaper.
WARNING:
Talked to several sony reps on phone and store
They said labor is not covered in manufacturer warranty. The last rep on the phone told me that he doesn't even know if they'll cover anything even if the phone is within warranty since it is being used outside of Europe and it is a Europe phone.
His advise was to wait for the us release. He said he would email me. A copy of the next us update he gets.
I this is is ridiculous. They're just looking for ways for me to choose a different company. US customers are being punished for buying the phone because we have to wait our turn. Really upset about how bad sony is handling this. They should honor warranties since they didn't release their phone in the friggin USA

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just tell them your on vacation in the US and need service for your phone while you're visiting lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was using service to talk about the phone breaking and them servicing/fixing it. Unless this phone is different than most smart phones I've had, it shouldn't break. Sprint epic didn't break, gs3 didnt break, gs4 didn't break. Does sony have a bad track record compared to samsung? Only time I ever used a company for servicing a phone were the really old windows mobile htc phones. I'll probably pick up a third party insurance and use that as a blanket policy if anything.happens to the phone.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I was using service to talk about the phone breaking and them servicing/fixing it. Unless this phone is different than most smart phones I've had, it shouldn't break. Sprint epic didn't break, gs3 didnt break, gs4 didn't break. Does sony have a bad track record compared to samsung? Only time I ever used a company for servicing a phone were the really old windows mobile htc phones. I'll probably pick up a third party insurance and use that as a blanket policy if anything.happens to the phone.

Well, I found this:
Z1 likely has a self cracking screen like the Z - Support forum

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
In that case doesn't sound like they even attempt to make things right and cover these incidents

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
In that case doesn't sound like they even attempt to make things right and cover these incidents

Exactly. Which scares me.
However I called again today as today they said that my phone will be covered under their manufacturers warranty. I am getting a 3rd party insurance too tho.
Any recommendations for 3rd party insurances?

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Which scares me.
However I called again today as today they said that my phone will be covered under their manufacturers warranty. I am getting a 3rd party insurance too tho.
Any recommendations for 3rd party insurances?

I'm probably going with protect your bubble. Just got this email back from them

Hello,*

Thank you for contacting us. *Yes! You can purchase a device from the UK and have it covered with us in the USA. *The only requirement would be that you have a USA address to ship a replacement to, should you need to file a claim and you have a USA phone number.*

You may contact us at*(855)*792-2355. *Thank you for allowing us to serve you.*

Sincerely,*
Sherry Wood*
Account Management Support
ProtectYourBubble.com*- US Branch*
Web: *http://www.protectyourbubble.com

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I live in the U.S. just ordered from clove. It has the LTE band for service on at&t or so I hope? Can anyone tell me if it works for sure?

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Google converted the Clove price to dollars wrong but did you guys really pay $884 for this phone?? I really like it but that is steep!!

Posted via Android Central App

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe Google converted the Clove price to dollars wrong but did you guys really pay $884 for this phone?? I really like it but that is steep!!

I paid $745 at Handtec
Clove was more expensive. It was 25pounds to ship
Handtec charged me 11 for fedex 2day shipping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Is that the conversion before or after VAT? you don't pay vat on the US. I paid 800, so unless conversion rates changed that much...

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Is that the conversion before or after VAT? you don't pay vat on the US. I paid 800, so unless conversion rates changed that much...

That was converting with the VAT included. I wasn't really even sure what VAT was so I threw it in there. Still pricey but such a great looking phone.