Z2 delayed until May

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just received this email from Unlocked Mobiles..

Dear Customer

Today we received an update from Sony UK.

Unfortunately, the Sony Xperia Z2 has been globally delayed due to a component shortage.

The Sony Xperia Z2 UK launch has been delayed for all retailers until early May. Sony currently expects first stock to arrive in the UK within the 1st week of May.

Ourselves and Sony apologise for the delay and we endeavour to deliver orders to customers asap. We will be working with Sony to ensure stock is available for all pre order customer when the Sony Xperia Z2 arrives in the UK.

Posted via Android Central App

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just can't imagine how many sales they just lost.

EDIT- I just chatted with Handtec and they still show 4/7 although she said they don't know if they are getting enough to fill their preorders.... I also just emailed Clove and am awaiting a response.

Last edited:

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The thing that worried me was I placed my preorder day one with Unlocked-mobiles.com. So I wonder why they send that email to people so early on the preorder list. Also it wasn't worded as a maybe. The email even finished with instructions on how to change my preorder to a Galaxy S5 or HTC One. Odd. Haven't heard from Clove.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
And that is why you won't see the Z2 on any U.S. carrier for quite some time.

I've also been disappointed with the video samples I've seen. There's one that was just posted in another thread and, considering it was shot in 4K, it just doesn't look that sharp.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
And that is why you won't see the Z2 on any U.S. carrier for quite some time.

I've also been disappointed with the video samples I've seen. There's one that was just posted in another thread and, considering it was shot in 4K, it just doesn't look that sharp.

The video piece doesn't worry me too much since I rarely capture video with my phone. Waiting awhile to get the phone in the US also doesn't concern me too much. I recently got a Z1s, the TMo version of the Z1, and IMHO it was worth the wait because it came with 32gb of internal memory versus 16gb for the rest of the world. I'd also rather wait a little so that Sony can get their manufacturing process fine tuned and get any potential tweaks done to their version of KitKat...I'm sure there will be some.

My 2 cents

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The thing that worried me was I placed my preorder day one with Unlocked-mobiles.com. So I wonder why they send that email to people so early on the preorder list. Also it wasn't worded as a maybe. The email even finished with instructions on how to change my preorder to a Galaxy S5 or HTC One. Odd. Haven't heard from Clove.

Depends on how much of a preferred partner Unlocked-Mobiles is. The likelihood is that they're far behind CPW, P4U, the carriers and then possibly even Clove. Getting it into the major stores is probably more important for Sony, but obviously that doesn't help you out :(

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The video piece doesn't worry me too much since I rarely capture video with my phone.

If the photos sucked, then I wold worry. I too don't use my phone for video (takes too much space) and more concerned with photo images. LG G2 is working fine with me so I can wait until Z2 comes out to the US on TMobile or major carriers.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
From Handtec-

Dear customer.

We are emailing to inform you that we have learned that the upcoming Sony Xperia Z2 has unfortunately been delayed by Sony, the launch is now expected in May with exact dates being supplied as soon as they become available.

Handtec understand that the delay is due to the unprecedented demand of this handset and would stress that this delay affects not only Handtec but all Sony SIM free retailers.

*Despite this delay, we will STILL be one of the first suppliers to dispatch the SIM free Sony Xperia Z2 and would like to add that the free Sony content offer will still stand for all pre-orders.

So I assume I will get a Clove email soon. Looks like carriers will get and maybe that's it. Sucks. Most notable part to me is their insistence that it effects ALL online retailers, not just them..

ddasher

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I preordered the Z2 from Clove Technology a couple of weeks ago. I've yet to receive email confirmation but the Clove Blog states that sim free Z2 orders are now expected early to mid May.

http://blog.clove.co.uk/2014/03/28/sony-xperia-z2-uk-sim-free-launch-delayed-may/

I must say I'm very disappointed with Sony. Coming from an S3 I know I didn't want the TouchWiz laden S5 and the new HTC One is again let down by the camera. I've had a good hard look at the Z1 over the last few months and the Z2 seemed to iron out all the weaknesses which is why I had no hesitation in ordering. Gut reaction is to switch to something available now but I will stick it out as I really want this phone.

Just a quick word on Clove themselves. I'm in the UK and have been ordering tech from them since 2002. They have always provided a reliable and friendly service. Clive LOVE (see what I did there) began the business selling Psion PDA accessories from home in the early nineties. It is his son John that you see doing the product reviews.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on the 4th and delivery is down for 39days so its May for me boohoo I'm not very patient but i don't have much of a choice but to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney