Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Here you go:

Taiwanese Xperia Z2 - YouTube

After 15 minutes I can tell you there is no way this level of craftsmanship is a fake! This thing is sick looking...One thing I don't think the reviews stress enough is how much lighter and/or better balanced the Z2 is over the Z1S.....Screen=sick.....Feel=awesome....bonus dock=bonus....

eats7 and gap77 made the right move....waiting is for the birds.

Safe to say I'll have the phone in my hands for the rest of the night....I'll load up androidcentral app in case you have any other questions.
See this post for another amendment to my video in regards to the included mic.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sony-xperia-z2/376265-do-headphones-have-inline-mic-buttons.html

Last edited:

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Phone looks great. I'll certainly be tempted to pick one up in the coming weeks.
How does it feel in hand? Any rattles or loose buttons?

Posted via Android Central App

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear, just ordered from the same person. Can't wait to get it!! Enjoy your new toy.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Phone looks great. I'll certainly be tempted to pick one up in the coming weeks.
How does it feel in hand? Any rattles or loose buttons?

Basically the "omni-balance" design was my only complaint about the Z1S. I love the way it looks but I was used to the HTC One and then Nexus 5 which both feel made for my hand. After a week with the Z1S I got used to the handling of it but it was still a little top heavy. When I would reach for the notification bar it would want to topple out of my hands. The Z2 definitely feels better balanced as of they moved the battery down lower in the body. Having said all that I always appreciated how the square phones with a little more bezel feel in landscape. They're not so cramped and more stable due to the sharper edges. I digress.

The power and volume buttons seem (for the sake of quantifying) 10-15% easier to push. Which is welcome. No rattles, nothing loose.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Are u using it on T-Mo or AT&T? Also, does it feel heavy in your hand? Finally, how's the screen brightness (when you really crank the brightness up)?

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Are u using it on T-Mo or AT&T? Also, does it feel heavy in your hand? Finally, how's the screen brightness (when you really crank the brightness up)?

At&t.
Your other questions are relative I think. It feels super heavy when compared to a Nexus 5. Lighter compared to a Z1. I hadn't cranked up the brightness until you asked. It's really bright, granted it's dark out and I can't gauge it in sunlight. It's bright though.....I'd liken it to an HTC One M7.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. After you give it a good run, please update us on the reception performance.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. After you give it a good run, please update us on the reception performance.

I will. I'm more keen on reception than I used to be...I had an s3, then HTC One, Nexus 5, and to see if I'd like the style(in prep for Z2), a used Z1s. I live in Vermont in a valley. There are several small dead spots in my town. It's been that way for a decade. The Z1s filled almost all of those dead spots with not only voice but some data. It was something I was not expecting at all. It's not so much that I get service where others don't as much as being able to hold a call or website load through a usual dead spot. I really hope the Z2 performs the same in this regard. I'll know tomorrow.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from genuine-only on Monday afternoon and just got the email that it has shipped. Only thing is that there isn't a tracking # as of yet, maybe it's too early.

Jiggy , when u got the first notice that it had shipped was the tracking number with it. Or was it updated with tracking # later?

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from genuine-only on Monday afternoon and just got the email that it has shipped. Only thing is that there isn't a tracking # as of yet, maybe it's too early.

Jiggy , when u got the first notice that it had shipped was the tracking number with it. Or was it updated with tracking # later?

I ordered late Sunday night, received shipping confirmation when I woke up Monday...then a second email saying thank you for my purchase with a tracking number and a link to FedEx tracking. I checked it immediately and it was already leaving the country. I bet by the time you get tracking info it's already on it's way.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered late Sunday night, received shipping confirmation when I woke up Monday...then a second email saying thank you for my purchase with a tracking number and a link to FedEx tracking. I checked it immediately and it was already leaving the country. I bet by the time you get tracking info it's already on it's way.

Awesome? This will be my first Xperia device, can't wait to check it out. Out of all the devices you have had in the past, how does this stack up?

I just returned my HTC One M8, decided to go with what I thought would be a better all around device in the Z2. My only question is how are the front facing speakers on the Z2. The boomsound and the build was the only thing that I liked about the M8.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll say this... I've seen several reviews that have the Z2 neck and neck with the M8 as far as speakers go. I can't imagine that can be true. They are the second best phone speakers I've ever heard behind the M7. They are plenty loud and to me, more importantly, they are on the front and there are two of them. They just not as full as the M7's were. I see it like this. There has to be a waterproof membrane in the way of the sound and I think it shows. On the flip side, the noise-canceling ear buds sounds really great. I've spent $50 or more and not had this kind of sounds yet in ear buds. And I will continue to be fascinated by the noise cancellation. I am a carpenter and spent all day planing and milling lumber.....table saw, etc. It's awesome! Not to mention I streamed music all day long and got home with 70% battery. That 3200mah battery was the final selling point for me.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I got the email saying it shipped but no tracking yet. Just waiting for it so I can monitor it's way into my hands!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eats7

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
lol same boat. it was weird, i sent them an email at 830pm asking if it shipped ~30 seconds later got an automated email back sayin its been shipped. i was so baffled lol. I guess ill have to wait till tomorrow for tracking, too.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
lol same boat. it was weird, i sent them an email at 830pm asking if it shipped ~30 seconds later got an automated email back sayin its been shipped. i was so baffled lol. I guess ill have to wait till tomorrow for tracking, too.

I sent an email asking for my tracking number haha. Still waiting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk