Is this phone available or not?

jkrc717

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading about this phone being delayed with no reason given.

yet, some people have it.

Is it available or not? Also, anyone know why it's delayed? If it's faulty then I'd rather wait.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Delayed in most places until May. I have mine pre ordered in the UK and phones4u told me I'd get it on the 22nd April.

Posted via Android Central App

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
People in Taiwan or those who have ordered it from Taiwan have it. I believe some parts of China may have it as well? The UK is delayed as stated above. The states have no release date I know of

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
this one of the reason why i think Sony should with the new flagship every 6 months and move to a yearly format which it could help them even more.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
"Sources" are now saying the US introduction is being delayed 5-7 months.

Up to seven months?! That's Nov of this year and by that time new rumors of other flagships come out. Though not surprised, TMobile got a the Z1s until December 2013.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Funny they mention delaying shipment of the phone to the US, yet we never even had an actual announcement of the phone being released in the states. Hmm....who knows anymore with them right now what's going on. They can't even get their flagship phone released properly yet they want to continue a six month cycle? Give me a freaking break Sony. Try releasing one phone across the globe in year before trying to release two in limited markets. A delay of that magnitude in the states (if it is even coming) would render the phone pointless to most. They will either have the s5, m8, g3, moto x+, or note 4. Just like they released the z1 on one carrier in the states (t mobile) so late in the game. No one is going to buy that crap.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Sony on a 6 month cycle should be more prepared for as its put down High Demand, that said the manufacturing can on occasion be out with their control.

Well its not to bad for us here in the UK, but stateside its a different story and the only way to get one is to pay upfront and order from Taiwan.

Sony Could have done very well with the Z2 if all was thought out, but i suppose you cant predict high demand (if that is the real reason) lol

Its still doesn't detract to what is a great device. But a bit of prediction and being prepared for such eventualities would have been great Sony.

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't sound liable to me, but just because the consequences would be terrible. Disastrous probably...
That date sounds like time for the new model. Skipping a model is just so big a failure for such a brand. Unacceptable...

Hoped to get my hands on a 32GB variant by that time, now it kinda hurts even more to wait :p

On the other hand, I wonder if the delays could be related to the issues some people are having with the Z2 (a major design / production fault maybe?).

By the way, I just noticed this week on Sony's local web site (here in Turkey) that the Z2's subscriptions were started. If there is a faulty production batch, don't worry guys, it's probably all gonna be sold here :cool: