I got my Xperia Z2 yesterday and love it.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a great phone. Feels nice in the hand and the screen is great. I'm very happy.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1397988265504.jpg
    1397988265504.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got my z2 yesterday and love it.

Cool. I have never had the pleasure of using a Sony. I wish they would go to all other carriers.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Are you in the UK, Andy? Mines on pre-order and I'm hoping it will arrive soon...

Yes mate I'm in the uk. Pre Ordered on April 8th from phones 4u. Got my phone yesterday as well as my Sony blutooth speaker which is pretty cool.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Pre-Ordered mine on the 5th of April so I'm really hoping it comes next week, although they did state early May.

Anyway enjoy your new phone :)

Posted via Android Central App

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Where from? I think phones4u and carphone warehouse had a deal that they would ship theirs early.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I went 3rd Party with mobilephonesdirect.co.uk as i had previously ordered from them and all was swift.

But these delays have made it that my order wont be expected until early May.

Sure is a bit frustrating especially now that I'm hearing that some are receiving their Z2 devices.

But patience is a virtue or so they say :p

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Ah that's a shame. I guess you will just have to hang in there. It's worth the wait. I'm really liking mine. Ordered one of those docking chargers so I don't have to keep removing the waterproof flaps to charge it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ah that's a shame. I guess you will just have to hang in there. It's worth the wait. I'm really liking mine. Ordered one of those docking chargers so I don't have to keep removing the waterproof flaps to charge it.

Haha yeh indeed i will, im usually quite patient but on this occasion its thin lol

Yeh i plan to do the same, shame retail packs cant be universal eg in Taiwan you get the dock included. But its not that expensive i suppose.

Did you get the Noise Cancellation Ear Buds in your Retail Pack?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I got the noise cancelling headphones. I noticed some boxes came with the dock but mine didn't. I'm not unhappy though. I managed to get a deal where I got a free wireless Sony speaker with my phone. It's pretty decent too.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I got the noise cancelling headphones. I noticed some boxes came with the dock but mine didn't. I'm not unhappy though. I managed to get a deal where I got a free wireless Sony speaker with my phone. It's pretty decent too.

Well that's good to hear as i want them, not to worried about the dock i will pay the extra for that.

Yeh happy for you mate and you made the right choice with the Z2 but you now know that lol

Enjoy as will i when it eventually arrives :)

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I think you will be more than happy when you get it. It's a lovely phone. I'm glad I chose this over the m8.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I think you will be more than happy when you get it. It's a lovely phone. I'm glad I chose this over the m8.

Indeed i have been loyal to Samsung not because I'm a fanboy but they have been good the S3, S4,Mega, Note 3 to which i still have the note 3.

I then looked at the Nexus 5 and purchased that, and its smooth but battery life is well not great.

I have overlooked the Sony range until this year, when you have Htc and Samsung and more the latter pushing gimmick's tbh

As much as i liked this with the S3,S4 its getting ridiculous with the fingerprint reader and heart rate monitor.

The Z2 is in my own opinion is focused ok they haven't changed the styling to much but it works and its unique, they have paid attention and centred on what is important eg with the Camera improvements (not perfect) but no smartphone camera is (yet). The noise cancellation tech, 4k video capture and output, the improved speakers, and light skin, with important and useful features, power saving for example & customisation.

Overall its the best phone of 2014 thus far.

If you love gimmicks you'll disagree lol

The S5 is great, as with the Htc M8 but there is that focus about the Z2 which i like.

Lg is vast improving and i like the G2 and G Pro 2, back buttons were a brave step but they work and well by offering the opportunity for less bezel which is great.

The G3 is bound to be another success :)

I just think that Htc,Lg and Sony are offering the better product at this time.

Dam i cant wait until it arrives lol

Last edited:

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I have a note 2 and it's been a great phone. I didn't really like the plastic of the Samsungs though. The galaxy s5 is just full of gimmicks and to me seems like a phone for a child. They have gone all colourful in the settings menu ect.. and it looks poor. I don't care for heart rate sensors or fingerprint sensors that don't work half the time and get hacked within days. They also expect you to start paying for stuff with this flawed feature.

I liked the m8. It has the best build quality and feels great. Just lacks features for me. All rivals have more features. And as for the depth sensor camera. The z2 has defocus mode. Although it's a little slow it does work well in some situations.

I'm chuffed with the z2 after my first full days use. The battery life hasn't been bad on day one either. As I write I have 40% battery after 15 hours 14 mins off charge with a screen on time of 3 hours 49 mins. That seems pretty good. Coming from the note 2 I was worried about a worse battery life.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I agree the S5 lacks maturity and it seems to me anyway kind of disjointed.

Yes we all are very aware that Samsung are going to load whatever phone with gimmicks.

As much as i have enjoyed them and still enjoy my Note 3. I feel that other OEM's are growing up.

The Htc should have went with a better camera and wow that would have nailed it, however its still leaps and bounds better than the S5.

Like i said Htc, Lg & Sony are focusing on useful features rather than gimmicks which only provide a 5min interest and then become obsolete in terms of use.

The Z2 for me anyway and i have not received it yet and basing my opinion on reviews only however its the best all round device thus far. Htc M8 a close second with the Lg G3 yet to be announced all have a better focus.

Even oppo with the find 7 and 7a and one plus one.

The appeal for a Samsung has dwindled for me. That may change with the Note 4.

But with fresher, lighter UI's my eyes have been opened to the Simple, basic, clean, and features that enhance, rather than a fleeting 5min yeh that's cool and then forgotten.

May come across that i hate the S5 i don't its good in its own right but for me now see past gimmicks and want that usefulness that other phones provide.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I pre ordered on o2 so hopefully I will get an xperia z2 tablet for 99 quid too. Be great if it came next week!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I pre ordered on o2 so hopefully I will get an xperia z2 tablet for 99 quid too. Be great if it came next week!

No Bonus items for me but i will be more than happy with the phone & noise cancelling ear buds.

Now just hurry up lol

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

That's what I got with mine.

Attachments

• 1398097775207.jpg
    1398097775207.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74