Soft Reset?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to do soft reset using the power and down volume keys at the same time as I have with other phones. Is there another method with this phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I do that, all I get are the choices "Power Off", "Airplane Mode" and "Take a Screenshot".

If you need to reboot the device, you can just power it down, wait about 10 seconds, and then turn it back on. Pressing and holding the power button for longer than 10 seconds can simulate a battery pull.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone frozen?

Open the sim flap. Look inside and you'll see a little red button. Get a pencil and gently press the red button for 5 seconds. The phone will vibrate, switch off and restart. That's it soft reset.

Posted via Android Central App

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that technically a hard reset?

Sent from my Xperia Z2

No, it doesn't wipe your phone. Perfect Kick soccer was freezing my Z2 and I couldn't reset it by pressing a combination of buttons. I went into the local Sony Centre and they showed me that.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I know for Apple it's Home + Power, I had to do it several times because of issues like video playback.

I never had to on an android, resetting fixes it. What's the difference?

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
No, it doesn't wipe your phone. Perfect Kick soccer was freezing my Z2 and I couldn't reset it by pressing a combination of buttons. I went into the local Sony Centre and they showed me that.

Oh cool will try that if my phone freezes

Sent from my Xperia Z2

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to add, I pressed the little red button twice when the game froze my phone. Both times it restarted the phone and didn't wipe it. I've never pressed it while the phone was in a non frozen state.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Here we go. From the Z2 manual. The red button forces the device to shut down.

Attachments

• 2948.jpg
    2948.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9