Google Play Store Error 923. It won't update / download apps from play store

chobits

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have the same problem?
All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits there like that for hours unless I stop it.
Sometimes it's succeed, but most of the time, the bar is not progressing
If I just let it be for couple hours, it then says Failed with 923 error
Yet I manage to be able to download / update the app after I get that 923 error, but not always all the time

I tried this solution on google

"Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store
Clear cache & Clear Data > Reboot"
Clear cache & Clear Data > Setting > Play store services > Clear cache & data > Reboot"

Still no luck

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Log out of your Google sync, or the Google account and then log back in. I believe it'll refresh the status of the Google Play and it'll work. I had to do that for that error on my Galaxy S2 once.

chobits

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Log out of your Google sync, or the Google account and then log back in. I believe it'll refresh the status of the Google Play and it'll work. I had to do that for that error on my Galaxy S2 once.

I followed your advise, and I still have no luck
I even hard reset the phone and nothing ....
still can't download and can't update

Proventus

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably because you're running out of room/storage. The biggest hog is Google Maps. It actually thinks you're a globe trotter so it'll download Canadian, USA AND south American maps. Just keep your own and delete the others.

Look in: \.data\navigator\Data\Maps for your maps.

Actually, in Windows Explorer, search for *.* and then sort by size and you'll see the space hogs you don't need.

abooazoz

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Follow The Steps

1- Go To Settings\General\Application Manager
Then Go To All

Go Down Till You Find (Google Api)

2- Uninstall It (You Will Find That You Did Uninstall Google Play)

3- Download Google Play APK Into Your Phone Then Install It

And The Problem Solved

i tryed this steps and the problem solved
i download it from android file host

Last edited by a moderator:

Chr1st1na

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
This msg popped up for me when i tried to add my hotmail email to my s5... I only cleared my cache.. Didnt have to delete data for google play store. I thought it would just be a hassle for me to delete all so i just tried the cache and it worked for me :)

prasad24u

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
As per your procedure we will do then all application which was downloaded earlier through google play store those will deleted ?

please advice and tell once again the procedure to resolve the 923 error.

prasad

Emad Muhammad Ayub

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I' facing the same problem.

Phone: Motorola Electrify 2
Android Version: 4.1.2

Problem: Whenever I try to download and install/update any app, the app's bar starts moving continuously, but it doesn't start downloading. How to fix this issue as resetting the phone didn't resolve the issue either. I'm yet to find the solution.

jadhavvinayak

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits there like that for hours unless I stop it.
Yet I manage to be able to download / update the app after I get that 923 error, but not always all the time

Clear cache & Clear Data > Setting > Play store services > Clear cache & data > Reboot"

Still no luck

Alex Bennie1

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I had this error on 2 devices, solved using same method: Google Play Services needs updating... I couldn't find a way of getting to the update directly, so I just opened any Google app (Google Play Games/Hangouts works best) and it insists on updating Google Play Services. Do so, and only AFTER the update is done, attempt to do anything else with the device...

Hope this helps

Last edited:

frogswiper

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I have the same error and I have tried all the methods, but I have solved it by removing the encryption on the sd card, then reboot, I was then able to install all the apps from the appstore.
I no longer get the error.

Kevin Simson

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Still no luck

If you have that 923 Error, then remove your Google account, uninstall useless apps and then reboot your phone to recovery. In recovery wipe your cache. Don't worry it will not delete any personal info. Then reboot into system and log back into your google account. This will fix it.

Yibeltal

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried and didn't work. Try removing updates to your Gmail

Setting
Apps
Gmail
Remove updates
Make sure you update Google Play Services before updating Gmail. I guess that is where the problems comes from.

Good luck!