Notification volume, I found a simple fix that is permanent

Twicenightly

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

One of the things that disappointed me when I got my Z2 was how quiet the notifications are. I researched a few tricks and found the one where you activate "X-loud" in the setting which did boost it a bit but it was still too quiet for me. Today, while playing around trying to find a tone that I could hear I noticed that there is an independant setting for the notification that operate separately from the main volume slider (even though that is called "Ringtones & Notifications". Here is what I did...

Open SMS
Go to settings and notification tone
Select a tone and it will start playing
While it is playing keep pressing the volume up key, you may have to play the tone a few times to get the volume up but every time you press the volume up key you'll see a volume slider appear.

This does work, my text tones are now nice and loud. I did originally have my "Ringtones & Notifications" slider all the way up but still had quiet tones, when I did the above I noticed that the slider started only at about a quarter of the way up and once I got it to the top it was nice and loud.

Hope this helps somebody out there - it certainly helped me!

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I use the smartband 24/7 so notifications are always vibrated on my wrist.

Though thanks for the help on notifications, I agree it's a bit too soft

Sent from my Xperia Z2

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Gave this a shot in hangouts, I'm at work all day so can't give this a real test until I'm off, sounded louder when playing the tones though

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

sciagent

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Notification sound Altair sounds too laud to me...

I use Stamina mode and thus all notifications come only when I take the phone to my hands and do something with it. No any distractions from the phone at any other time:)

Donna Wetter

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Volume does get a little louder if i press volume-up while selecting it as notification sounds. But its still louder when played in a mediaplayer app. Any news on how to fix this properly?

r_rower

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much, Twicenightly. I've tried everything, and just about to try to download some ring/notification tones, before seeing your solution.

Here's a case of leaving some wisdom for posterity... I've only now bought the Z2, and having this problem, which you cracked more than a year ago!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira