Anyone else losing their minds waiting for a US version of a Z2?

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this would be the perfect phone for me. It has everything that I want except for a built in stylus.

Great camera
Front speakers
Water and dust resistant
Great build
Great screen

I'm sitting here with my att note 3 and I feel like the Z2 would be the perfect upgrade.

Yes, I know you can purchase an international Z2 all day on the Web but I want an included warranty and someone to talk to if something goes wrong with it (Sony).

Gah. Enough ranting I guess. Hurry up Sony this is ridiculous.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You do get tech support and the warranty if you buy it internationally, downside is you send it to Europe for the warranty work until it's released here. When it's released here Sony USA will service it no prob

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You do get tech support and the warranty if you buy it internationally, downside is you send it to Europe for the warranty work until it's released here. When it's released here Sony USA will service it no prob

The international variant of the Xperia Z2 would not work on Verizon.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Are you saying they will service the international D6503 model in the USA when the phone is officially launched here?

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Waiting here too. I'm going back and forth between the G3 and Z2 to replace my S4 on Verizon. I like the 32GB G3 with removable battery, but also like the Z2 being waterproof and a better camera.

I guess we'll see how things look around end of August when hopefully the Z2 will be out on Verizon, and the G3 will have been out already (and maybe semi cheap on Craigslist by then...)

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying they will service the international D6503 model in the USA when the phone is officially launched here?

Talking to Sony tech support, yes. The international version should be the same as the unlocked version when they release it here in the US (not in Verizon, but unlocked through Sony.com). Talk to Sony if you want to verify, but they told me they will service it here but can't right now because it isn't released here so their techs aren't trained/don't have the parts to fix them.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I think I rather spend the extra money to get the US version for the warranty. Peace of mind.....
Gonna call to see if my local Sony store has it in so I can play with it.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I rather spend the extra money to get the US version for the warranty. Peace of mind.....

This. Although I was able to get employees discount on Sony website and was able to get the phone for $629. Win.

Posted via Android Central App

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased one on an impulse and fairly good deal but I'm having second thoughts. Think I'd have much interest in the classifieds here with it?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased one on an impulse and fairly good deal but I'm having second thoughts. Think I'd have much interest in the classifieds here with it?

Swappa or eBay would be good.

Posted via Nexus 5

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Sending mine in for warranty work tomorrow, person on the phone had no problem with a warranty issue even though I bought from China

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781