Hey guys! I thought that I'd share with all of you that I just got myself a new Xperia Z2 just a few hours ago!

This is currently the most expensive Android phone I've bought for myself but I surely have no regrets!

I guess I'll be hanging out in this section of Android Central quite frequently now and I hope to learn a lot from you guys! Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute as well.
    khyos94, b3rni3703 and shoaib shah like this.
    09-17-2014 09:25 AM
    Great--enjoy the phone!
    09-17-2014 11:25 AM
    Was just about to post the same. This phone is FAST on AT&T LTE. so far, it's quite an upgrade from my GS3.

What is the best way to get contacts, old texts etc off old phone?
    09-17-2014 03:17 PM
    If the contacts on the old phone are associated with your Google account, then they should already be synced with Google in the cloud. So once you log in to the new phone with the same account, those contacts will sync to the new phone. If the contacts on your old phone are associated with the "Phone account," then it's a little trickier The phone manufacturer might have some kind of sync software (like Samsung's Kies or HTC Sync), but it may not work well to transfer the contacts to a new phone from a different manufacturer. You probably have to export the contacts from the phone to a .csv or multiple .vcf file, then transfer that file to either the new phone or your computer, then import the contacts into Google Contacts. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ml#post3707512

Text messages are tougher to transfer. You may want to back them up using an app like SMS Backup+, then try to restore them to the new phone.
    09-17-2014 05:14 PM
    I used the Sony migration app. It was quick and painless migrating from my gs3.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-17-2014 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the info! Clearly, I don't have a lot of familiarity with the Sony software.
    09-17-2014 06:31 PM
    Does the migration app transfer like photos, text messages and stuff?
    09-20-2014 12:43 AM
    Does the migration app transfer like photos, text messages and stuff?
    Yep
    09-28-2014 05:56 AM
    Hi

I have chosen the z2 as my next phone coming on Monday. I am really excited 😃 and it is a huge upgrade from my Lumia 920 Windows Phone. Was hard chose to choose best Android Phone with a balance of power, portability, battery life and display. Narrowed choices down to the Galaxy s5 and z2. The better battery life and front facing speakers tipped me to favour this device. I hope I have no regrets. Let me know any tips to really make this an incredible device. Thanks in advance
    03-28-2015 07:31 AM
    Just received my z2 so far so good will post in detail of what this beast is capable of :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2015 01:39 PM
    Congrats man!.. did the same a few months back.. Jumped off the ship from WPhone back to Android and chose this BEAST!.. Z2 experience so far is very pleasant!.. Def a solid android device!.. congrats and enjoy my friend.
    shoaib shah likes this.
    04-08-2015 08:53 AM
    Yes so far a solid battery life and fast performance

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 09:50 AM